The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
@Norachan and jcat jcat - I have some pawsitive news - I have just enough room here for Carpet and Mohrle. What a pair they'd make together!

#catnapperstrikesagain
They do look an awful lot alike, don't they?

I haven't been able to get my usual brand of XL (mug-sized) coffee pads for the past few weeks. It's not a big deal since I only use that machine for an afternoon cup of coffee. Anyway, another brand now has the XL pads, and I think I prefer it.

Today is Snuggle Day. One of Mowgli's favorite things is to cuddle on the sofa with me and watch animal documentaries Saturday evenings. He cuddles every evening, but generally only expects the TV to be on on Saturdays.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cody, one of My foster cats, has started snuggling with me on my bed. I’ve had him and his brother since March. His bro, Sam, has finally started pooping in the other litter boxes around the house. It’s taking a long time for them to be completely at home here.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cody, one of My foster cats, has started snuggling with me on my bed. I’ve had him and his brother since March. His bro, Sam, has finally started pooping in the other litter boxes around the house. It’s taking a long time for them to be completely at home here.
handsome kitty handsome kitty - Sometimes it take them a long time to adjust. My last two ferals, Friday and Clawed-Ya required the whole of two years' time to, "get it" - but when the light goes on, and they finally do understand, no feeling on earth is better, and nothing's more rewarding that earning a cat's trust and affection. They're at last with their Family in the main house, and are interacting slowly with their nine Brothers and Sisters, and every new day brings a new Blessing!

Regarding this -

Sam has finally started pooping in the other litter boxes around the house.
- I can only say, "thanks Anne Anne - for the new smileys.

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:devilcat2:I think Sam and Fluffy almost nose kissed yesterday morning. Usually it’s hissing and Fluffy’s ninja paw of death swipes.

The mom who gave them up due to medical issues had her (I think) last surgery on Tuesday. 6 weeks in a cast then PT.

I’m really hoping they will be reunited when she is healed. She misses Sam. Cody had bonded more with her son.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is an absolutely great idea! Love the mug.

You know, I'm feeling very accomplished today. A month or two ago, I went with a bunch of 6th-7th graders down to Pittsburgh to serve those without homes hot pasta. I don't know why the feeling has finally caught up to me, but it has. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In all seriousness though, it was a great experience. They all took care of each other.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
A few days ago, an anonymous person sent me a bright orange, loudly grunting toy pig and I finally found out who sent it. My oldest daughter has taken to sending these to friends and family who have lost, or who are about to lose someone they love. I think this is a wonderful thing to do because the pigs are so overwhelmingly cheerful and goofy that they can't help but make people smile. I was really touched by her thoughtfulness and am still feeling like a happy mushy puddle inside because my daughter sent me a present. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, let's get the business taken care of. jcat jcat . I want MOHRLE. Please have this GORGEOUS cat delivered to me post haste. Thank you.

It's CATurday morning, the cats are well fed and catnipped, the weather is perfect, it's a beautiful day for Veterans Day here in la-la land, and we're being serenaded by a jackhammer somewhere to the east. Waiting for whichever precision flying team is doing Veterans Day flyovers this year -- the Blue Angels or the Golden Arrows. Remembering beloved veterans, thanking all, and yes, wishing the human race would evolve beyond having to have conflicts. *sigh*

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
A few days ago, 7 or 8 years late, I reported for various recommended medical tests. Considering how overdue they were, I was somewhat apprehensive about the results. And hallelujah! :yess: It appears that all is well, although it seems a better diet and more exercise are in my future if I want to keep them that way. I'm thinking by "better diet" my doctor means "eat all the holiday food you want". :rolleyes:

Mmmmm. Dinner time!

Dinner time.gif

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo has stopped chasing Lily off my bed and out of the computer room. He considered those places his territory and didn't want her there. She would sit outside the door and cry piteously to be allowed in. But it seems he's finally given in and accepted her in his favorite spots. I've caught him licking her face until she asks him to stop! It is so nice now to wake up and find both furry heaters next to me!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, let's get the business taken care of. jcat jcat . I want MOHRLE. Please have this GORGEOUS cat delivered to me post haste. Thank you.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Clearly, you missed jcat jcat 's Post #283, where she replied to my quote, saying:

They do look an awful lot alike, don't they?
This is approximately the equivalent of acceding that both the stunning Mohrle and @Norachan 's gorgeous Carpet should remain together as a pair. From this implication, it can be inferred that both kitties should come to Olcott Beach, where they could live peacefully side by side in circumstances befitting such majestic cats, and confer, converse, and otherwise hobnob with their fellow wizards cats. And dat's de facts, Jack!

:dizzycat:
moodance4.gif
:runningcat:

Anyone who was elsewhere missed out on a lovely late Autumn day here, where the sun shone nearly every minute, though the temperature has dropped off just a bit, making this the perfect location for fluffy long-haired cats - unlike some other places, such as - just as a random comparison - Glendale California - where temperatures routinely rise to over 300 Kelvin!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm new to this whole being positive thing, but this site makes it pretty easy. I have yet to have a bad experience in my time here. Everyone has been so nice and helpful even though I probably ask a lot of questions. Truthfully, this is the best site and community I've come across yet. I'm so happy I stumbled across this site. I'm not sure where I'd be without the help I've gotten here. My cats might not realize it, but I was able to improve their lives because of everyone here.

On another note, Frost went all day yesterday without hissing at anyone! All day! And I know because I was home all day! It was a lazy day of snuggling with the cats and dog. I love them all so much and, no matter what trouble they cause, they're always making my life better and more meaningful. I don't know what I'd do without them even if they are a group of spoiled brats. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. :lol:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to get Leo to be a lap cat. I hold him for a while and then slowly lower him to my lap. He was confused the first few times and got down. The next few times, he would look confused, but then lie down and stay on my lap for a while. :catlove:

Sometimes now he will stand with his legs on the chair seat and look at me. I think he is interested in my lap, but he's just not sure of himself. I go ahead and pick him up and put him on my lap and he snuggles up. In the last few days he has taken the initiative! He will jump up on my leg and head butt me, then settle down for a nap. :happycat: It's taken almost a year, but well worth the effort!
I've had a few good lap cats in my life. How nice to have another!:redheartpump::lovecat2:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just looked back through this thread, and it strikes me that, for the most part, it's been posted to by the same big mout gregarious regular posters each day, but that there are a great many regulars who haven't posted to this worthy thread where every post raises Ka$h For Kittie$ - and some of those posters simply don't frequent The Cat Lounge. What's funny is that some of them are among my favourite posters on the whole site - members who always have something positive or worthwhile to add - posters like @doomsdave @weebeasties @mightyboosh @bigbadbass @kittypa @sabian @surya @stefanz @beardrinksbeer @KatsPurrrsians @donnae @lavishsqualor @tinydestroyer @maggiedemi @raysmyheart @Korinmewmew @Ardina @vyger @tabbytom @LeiLana80 and @basscat - although in Basscat's defence, he does have a Bobcat who eats furniture - but HEY! even @Kieka has posted here already, and she has two Snowshoes fer cryin' out loud, so everyone must have at least one positive post in 'em.

Come on - every post means that somewhere a kitty will benefit from just a few positive words posted here. We're barely at 300 posts, which would leave us well under 3000 posts by December's end. Post 'em if you got 'em and help those beautiful kitties. You'd also be helpin' me as well, since I've already promised Anne that I'd match her dime for dime instead of just kickin' in two lousy cents, if we didn't reach 3,000 posts by the end of December!

:dizzycat::happycat::climbcat::cutecat::runningcat::redtabby::whiskers::purr::runningcat:

I hope I didn't use up all the catlies....

Status
Not open for further replies.