The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ANOTHER REMINDER!!!!! POSTS MUST BE AT LEAST 15 WORDS LONG!!!!!!!!!

I can see that jcat has been busy deleting posts that are too short. It's taking money away from the cats. :( Please make sure your post is over 15 words or it does't count. :(

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws The new toy looks like a Fred to me. :agree:

Thank you for your input, AbbysMom, but ileen already picked out his fabulous, fitting name: Snorgel!

(there, I did fifteen words this time! no deletion! yay!)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Tomorrow is the last working day before taking 10 days off. I'm looking forward to be at home with Missy. Nothing more, nothing less. Just the two of us.
That sounds blissful. :cloud9: Christmas Eve we'll be at my stepdaughter's house for dinner and after that we're free as little birds for a week. I'm looking forward to a nice quiet week at home. :agree:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just realized the existence of this thread, an excellent idea. For the moment as positive news I'm happy to say that I'm recovering very well from a serious operation. Hopefully I will be able to contribute with further positive thoughts.
This is the most pawsitive news I've heard since @golondrina was admitted to hospital early in the month (the eighth, I believe?)! Absolutely wonderful to see you back again, dear Friend!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right this exact minute The Tree Butchers (local utility workers topping our beautiful birch trees because they have grown near power lines) are cutting down the lovely branches that decorated our view! Homes for the birds that Milly watches daily!

I suppose the pawsitive news is that the branches do grow back... in a year, sigh... leaving us with a year and a half of leafy views until the next time the Tree Butchers come.

The other pawsitive news is that I raised Milly to not be scared of city workers, lol. She has her face pressed against the glass, staring the workman in the eye... "Don't you cut my treeeees!!"

Milly-21DEC2017.jpg

I guess other pawsitive news could be that maybe our power won't go out in a wind storm.

sigh :sigh:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws -- Milly can really give 'em the stinkeye from her vantage point, can't she? :insertevillaugh::yess:

Speaking of trees, my gardeners had to anchor my spindly little tree again this morning, because we had MORE high winds last night. They used string this time. :sigh: Let's hope it holds for awhile, at least. I am determined to raise this tree to be a big, beautiful shade tree, which is why the city program launched and why the arborist gave us these trees.

Gave the gardeners their holiday bonus, which they seemed to be surprised and happy with. It's their first year with me. They are really doing a great job.

Going to get in supplies soon so I can invite Ex #2 over for holiday dinner -- his, not mine, on the holiday -- and celebrate. There's a mountain of special things for cats in the living room :party3::dancingblackcat::kneading::cutecat: and it's shaping up to be a good day.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m glad for lazy days... just snuggling and playing with the little goofballs. The two of them are having lots of fun playing in the blankets I’ve cocooned myself in. Of course, sleeping is important, too.
98A5C496-D95A-431F-85EE-EC4A3F689EC9.jpeg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Don't forget to set aside all of the cat toys you attempted to interest your cat in this past year, and see if you can donate the rejected toys (lol, picky cats!) to your local cat shelter. Always check with the rescue/shelter first, but I know that the rescue where we got our kitty essentially has a toy drive each year for jingle balls and mice.
That is a great idea! I didn’t even know that was something we could do. Thanks for letting me know about this! I’m excited to have another way to help cats in need.

PushPurrCatPaws, do we have to clean or otherwise sanitize the toys before donating them? Obviously a toy that Charlie rejected when I first gave it to him wouldn’t have been handled by him more than just a few cautious sniffs, but I wanted to ask anyway. :)

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi abyeb! The rescue near me does prefer new or "nearly new" balls and mice -- ahem, so I guess that would be mice that were recipients of only a sniff or two from a cat, preferably with their tails not chewed off! I think Charlie's rejects would probably make good donation fodder
:)

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I work for 11 people at my job; one of them took me out for holiday lunch today, which was great. Also, I found out two others nominated me for an achievement prize & I was awarded $250. That will really come in handy this time of year.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my pawsitive thought of the day is our stray that we're trying to acclimatize didn't hiss at my husband when he went down and fed and cleaned the litter box and pet him with the home made backscratcher! small baby steps! he almost thought that he could have gotten by with petting him for real. (but he hadn't done the litter box yet and he didn't want that to be associated with loud noises.) lol.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
More happy news. I've been retraining our 3 Amigos to be mostly indoor instead of indoor-outdoor but it's been a bit of a struggle. After 8 years of freedom it's tough for them to get used to being in. I've been trying to get them into the catio more. Today I went out to find all three of them out there exploring. :yess:

That's Zoe's paw sticking out of the Cat's Home. :D

IMG_3356.jpg

Rico checking things out.
IMG_3364.jpg

Ozzy on the left, Rico at the back, and Zoe on the steps.

IMG_3366.jpg

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My pawsitive news for today is Carleton became a night owl, lol. :cool2: He used to doze off before the 10:00 news but instead he has been staying up to keep me company. Always nice to share the sofa with such a lovely partner. :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many good posts since I checked in earlier, I'd write a book to comment on them all, but know they make me very PAWsitive! :yess:
ileen ileen -- that's so wonderful on both counts! Hope your lunch was wonderful. Now what cat stuff will you buy? :purr:
and kittyluv387 kittyluv387 -- that is truly great news! :clapcat:

Just got back from shopping for supplies and it wasn't as crazy as it usually is. Got to hang out with a friend for awhile and now I'm back, with everything (almost) put away and a very warm blue/cream laptop purring away. He apparently finds some scent I picked up while out irresistible, because he keeps sniffing my sweater, making it difficult to type *but who's complaining?*
IMG_0383.JPG

Elvis sunning himself by my dad's chair and some of HIS cat furniture. :bluecat:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Today a self-heating cat bed arrived. :bunnydance: This makes the third bed for two cats but Paul is too big for the other two, so I bought him one for Christmas. I waited for him to test it out but neither he nor Chula appeared all afternoon. Fine, they're cats, what did I expect? Well, certainly not this!

Chula in bag 2000x2000.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.