The Meatrix!

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I don't have sound at work, but got the gist of that.

It's true that the big companies are killing the family farm and the communities. We own three small family farms in Nebraska and it's killing my family and we don't have any animals. We just grow stuff (I think sugar beets--what else but a nice hyper drug for the masses too?).

*sigh*

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LDG, there are other alternatives to land farming to feed people. They've found that we get much more bang for our buck using ocean plants, but the problem is getting everyone adjusted to the taste. Westerners usually don't like sea veggies.

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow that was a eye opener, i dont like that big business stuff, poor animals, there should be laws to protect against this kind of crap!! my nephew has been a vegetertion since he was 7 yrs old, he did not want to eat meat and would not, and his dr. said he could get his proteion from other sourses other than meat, he is 22 now and is very healthy, so young people can make this decision on their own i think..

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family also owns a pig farm in Sweden. The pigs are all housed in one big building, but they're given huge pens! Bigger than the some I've seen on smaller farms. I loved the little piglets. They let me play with them when I was there.