The lunch thieves - a rant

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another good one I heard on another board--someone was stealing food. So they bought a container of cool whip. Took out the cool whip and replaced with shaving cream. Never had their food stolen again.

I keep my food in a lunchbox with a cooler/ice thingie at my desk. I worked at a place a couple years ago where the fridge was unbelievably nasty. And people did steal food and touch others food.
I've been paranoid ever since.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sad day when the coworkers have to steal other's lunches. Not like they are not getting a paycheck or anything.

That's why I keep my lunch/snacks at my desk!

Maybe get one of those sticky mouse traps sheets to put on the top of your food. But I really do like that sign that someone posted in here!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so understand!

I'm a nurse and there are lunch theives at the hospital too! I've had my lunch taken, as have others. If I have taken a frozen dinner for lunch or dinner I just usually leave it on the counter in the medication room.

If you sew, you can buy some bias tape to make loops and some metal rings to put into the loops and then use a mini padlock to lock your bag. That's what some at work have resorted to doing.

It's pretty bad when people steal food from their co-workers.

I would also suggest talking to management and having them circulate a memo to the various companies and staff advising them that someone is stealing lunches and that theft will not be tolerated.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

It might be a little cruel, but you could probably find out who's doing it. Do you know the laxatives that are made to look like/taste like chocolate? Leave a gift in a baggy with your lunch.
Just don't forget and accidentally eat them yourself.
I was gonna suggest the same thing.
It may be kinda mean, but it's also mean and downright ridiculous that someone would steal others' lunches!
My /so has the same problem at his workplace. I don't understand something like that.

~KK~

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

You guys are bad! I never thought about the cat poop "tootsie roll" or super hotsauce on a sandwich. I wish I had the guts to do this
Just in time for Halloween too! Muahahahaha!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People actually steal others lunches? Didn't think that actually went on. What are they thinking!?

I don't know about you but when I pack lunches - I put detail into it so it makes me excited to eat it
I would be so mad if someone stole my grub! Is it really that hard for those people to pack their own lunches? Jeesh! Maybe if you did put laxatives or kitty poop tootsies in your lunch just in case, people would learn their lesson - would be cruel but so hilarious!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Put some cat poop in the bottom of the bag is my idea!
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Wrapped in tootsie rolls wrapper.
Originally Posted by Catkiki

You guys are bad! I never thought about the cat poop "tootsie roll" or super hotsauce on a sandwich. I wish I had the guts to do this
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Just in time for Halloween too! Muahahahaha!
Ok. Not that any of you guys would really do this but in case somebody else is reading and getting evil thoughts lol.....this would be a serious health code violation.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Ok. Not that any of you guys would really do this but in case somebody else is reading and getting evil thoughts lol.....this would be a serious health code violation.
All just in the name of fun! Besides, it would be smelly too.

I like the cat food sandwich idea. It's not like it'll harm a human.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I like the cat food sandwich idea. It's not like it'll harm a human.
Ya, that would be a good one! The next day you could put a note on your lunch that said "hope you enjoyed my cat food sandwich, wonder what's on the menu today?"