The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Mojo had to help with the box, of course. This shot was a total accident but look at that cute little tongue!
How adorable!
You couldn't have posed her any better if you had tried!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Kass, I cannot thank you enough!! You made not just one day, but many days with the spreading out of the packages, and many many many days to come!
Glad you finally opened it! Between the courier delays and then your sudden trip I almost couldn't stand the wait.

The soap is one of my new best finds. Local manufacturer who makes really neat soap scents. Environmentally friendly, too!

I couldn't resist the moose droppings.
How more Canadian could I get???

Also, glad the donation card arrived.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my loot. Woohoo.
I don't really know who it is from so hopefully I will get a clue but I got it.
SO thank you so much. I love it all. I got a book in the Twilight series which I wanted to start cause everyone says it is so good. I got a book mark so I don't have to bend the pages down to save my place. I got a choker necklace which I looks as though it has something to do with the book. Which I'm sure I will find out soon and I got a cat calendar. I love it. Thank you so much.
I really needed that today. I was in a bad mood for some reason and this cheered me up.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The long-lost parcel has indeed arrived. My Secret Santa is Tari, and she has done a lovely job. Thanks, Tari.

It didn't take long to get into the parcel once I was home, and my sweetie was there cheering all the way.

It's good that there was an inspection team...

Here's the box almost untouched (
actually I got kind of carried away, and then realized I needed to get the camera and take pictures, so we put the tin of goodies back in and stuffed some tissue back around the edges
)

The opened tin of goodies -- in the baggie are some cinnamon and mint hard candies -- yum!

And then the rest of the delectables -- a wonderful assortment, and let me tell you Tari knows how to do sweets!

As far as I can tell, two of each -- perfect for sharing with my Cookie Monster, who definitely approves...

Then wrapped goodies...

and a very messy table with all the wrappings and the unwrapped goodies...

Clutter removed...

...we can now see: for the kitties -- Catnip Buddies, a Cat Dancer, Catnip, Wildside Salmon; and for the human -- a Cat Calendar Mouse Pad, a lovely pillar candle and pedestal, a really sweet kitty ornament, complete with collar and bell, cute soft kitty socks, a really interesting recipe book, a set of photo coasters, already personalized with Cindy and Fawn's pictures, and of course the goodies.

Here are the coasters...

and a closeup of the kitty ornament...

and of the kitty socks...

We have made out like bandits -- you have spoiled us well and truly, Tari. Thank you so much! I'm sorry it was such a frustrating experience for you getting it here!

Sorry to take so long getting photos up. By the time we had done justice to the package, then sat with something to sip, while we read recipe book and inspected everything else again (and sampled a few more goodies), it was time to get some dinner going.

Thanks again, Tari.

ETA: forgot to say that the feline contingent was absent for the opening, but Fawn has given her stamp of approval to the Wildside Salmon and the Cat Dancer. Cindy is less impressed with treats of any kind, but may show interest later in the Salmon -- who can tell! She had taken herself off again by the time the Dancer was in action, but I'm expecting she'll approve of it, too.
Catnip's always a hit, likewise the Catnip Buddies -- I'll expect to see them travelling around the house!

ETA 2: The chocolate is more than just good! You don't need to sic Jan on them.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What an excellent haul, Fran!
Tari put a lot of thought into your gifts. I'm sure it made the wait worthwhile.

For those that aren't aware, Tari did ship her gift prior to Christmas and had a delivery date of Dec. 22nd from the courier. Through a series of monumental errors and bad weather, Fran finally got her gift yesterday.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm SO glad you liked everything, Fran, and I'm so sorry you had to wait so long for it.

The coasters are actually glass photo frame coasters. I found them a few years ago at a local store and they had them at a really good price, so I bought up a bunch of them. I just used my scrapbooking software to overlay some kitty-related quotes onto some photos of Fawn and Cindy. (Both of Fran's girls are beautiful
, so they made it easy.)

I'm glad the cookies and candy survived! I wasn't sure if it would still be good after so long...but it was probably kept pretty well refrigerated in the courier's warehouse.
(They never seem to last long enough around here to test their shelf life.
)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Fran got her goodies!
Glad to hear the chocolate and other "C" goodies survived until they met Rumpelstiltskin.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Yeah, Fran got her goodies!
Glad to hear the chocolate and other "C" goodies survived until they met Rumpelstiltskin.
Funny you should mention Rumpelstiltskin. Rob has been known to use Rumpel as his username, and that is the source. It goes back to early computer days, when I was still entitled to call myself Rapunzel, which was his suggestion, too.

And yes, it was well worth the wait, and gave us a festive interlude in miserable January.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Great haul!

Mine go nuts for the cat dancer. The personalized coasters are fabulous!
& Wildside Salmon is basically the ONLY treat my Java will deign to munch!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

& Wildside Salmon is basically the ONLY treat my Java will deign to munch!
That's the way mine were until i found these! I got the chicken flavor and they go absolutely NUTS for them.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
good to see more people getting their gifts!
Love the photos of your cats enjoying their haul, Heidi.
Fran - those coasters are so cute! I gave some to my cat loving friend this Christmas. She has four little beasties, and I thought it would make a sweet gift.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran, the pic of the tin of goodies is making me want to come and steal anything that's left in it from you!
Great gifts! And Christmas is still going strong!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Fran, the pic of the tin of goodies is making me want to come and steal anything that's left in it from you!
Great gifts! And Christmas is still going strong!
And well you might want to.
They're almost all gone, though, so you better get a wiggle on if you want any!