The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Ok....I opened the big square container of yummys....

I don't know what exactly they are (other than so good) but the best way to describe them are is cakey chocolatey minty fudgey yummy squares. Does that help?

Oh, Jan just told me they were Creme de Menthe brownies. Still yummy even with a name!
And this is what she posted in the discussion thread about what I had in the fridge.

Got a pan of the most yummy Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Dipped in Fudge with Fudge on top!!in the fridge ready to be packaged and mailed to _SillyJilly_

Well, She got the chocolate and mint parts right.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I saw Renovia & BelongsToEvie recieved theirs as well so I thought we'd update the recipients.
Oh, I didn't realize there was an on going list! This is what happens when I can't sign on as much...
Thanks so much for updating that for me!

No one invited me to go over to the dark side, but oh well! I joined you guys myself.
Now, on with the pictures!!

It's here! With my first hint: It's from Australia

Of course, Evie had to "help" me open it... She seems to trust me implicitly, putting her nose that close to the letter opener!

Wow! Look how pretty it was wrapped!! It has two beautiful cards- one for the kitties, and one for me. And, Evie already found her first toy!

In the card to the kitties was my second, and last hint- kitty names! Also notice how cute the message is! (In case it's too small to read, message says: Meowry Christmas to All; Purrs for the Mew Year)

Evie playing with her first toy, she loves that purple ribbon! (Yes, that's my lap she's standing on!)

Inside the cute Santa box was even more beautifully wrapped gifts!

Of course, no open box can go nose-less for long in this house...

And the loot! My SS was wonderful! She gave me a LOT!

There is:
A koala cup
A koala flying bear (I've decided he's my RFDS bear!)
Two adorable note pads
Two fuzzy kitty toys
A microfiber towel for my dog
An adorable snowman candle (it came lit, by the way
)
And, coolest of all, a Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) calendar and towel!! My SS is awesome, she got me something SAR (search and rescue) related! I never guessed my SS would even be able to do that! RFDS may not be exactly SAR, but it is undeniably EMS (emergency medical services), which SAR also is, so I LOVE it! The calendar is open to the page with Jewel Cave, beautiful!

And just because they are too precious to be left small, here are close ups of:

The snow man candle:

And the Flying Koala:

I do think I know who my SS is, I've sent a long rambling thankful PM!

And I want to thank her again! SS, you're awesome!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

I do think I know who my SS is, I've sent a long rambling thankful PM!

And I want to thank her again! SS, you're awesome!!
Muahahahaha...I know who it is!!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great gifts for everyone so far. At least of those we've seen. *cough*cough*Jill*

Originally Posted by pushylady

Jan, that blanket is really gorgeous. What a wonderful, thoughtful gift to recieve!
That is TOO cool! I want a blanket with my kitties in it. And I have to say I see so few pictures of Topaz that her coloring strikes me every time.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recipient - Santa

AbbysMom - Miss Mew
AlleyGirl - Twstychik
Bella713 - Jaffacake
BelongsToEvie- ?
calico2222 - MonaxLisa
Catfriend - ?
catkiki - sillyitiliangrl
Catnip - ?
CATTYBIRD - tierre0
Duchess15 - pipersjo
eilcon - Pami
emrldsky - lmunsie
EnzoLeya - ?
Februa - CatFriend
felineorc - ?
GailC -?
gemlady - snosrap5!
GoingNova - ?
jennyranson - Renovia
Jaffacake - Katiemae1277
Jessy - GailC
katachtig - Taurus77
katiemae1277 - Momofmany
KittenKrazy - kittylover4ever
Kiwideus - katachtig
kluchetta - ?
laureen227 - KittenKrazy
MissMew - AlleyGirl
MonaxLisa - calico2222
mrblanche - Butzie
Pami- Rapunzel47
pipersjo - Going Nova
pushylady - ?
Rang_27 - ?
Renovia - ?
Royalenchntrss - Laureen227
RussianBlue - ?
sarahp - lookingglass
sillyitiliangrl - Februa
SillyJilly - gemlady
snosrap5 - kiwideus
StarryEyedTiger - ?
Tara & Rob - Caprice
Taurus77 - MoochNNoodles
TaviasMom - ?
tierre0- CATTYBIRD
twstychik-emrldsky
valanhb - ?
whiteforest - WELDRWOMN
wildfire203 - yam102284
yam102284 - Tara & Rob

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Great gifts for everyone so far. At least of those we've seen. *cough*cough*Jill*

That is TOO cool! I want a blanket with my kitties in it. And I have to say I see so few pictures of Topaz that her coloring strikes me every time.
Yes, Jill, did you open any more last night?
Hmmmm? Hmmmm?

The blanket is warm. Curled up in it after my shower last night. Now, if Santa could bring me my own digital camera, you'd get to see more pics of Topaz. I just wish she would do more than eat, sleep, and lounge.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are the pics of my pressies!!!

The big (heavy!) box!

All the presents! (not including the Advent Nativity)

Everything unwrapped! Including, Kitty Calendar, hot chocolate, 3 chocolate bars (the orange cream one is gone!), Lindt truffles in the purple bag, coins from various countries (I was so beyond excited looking at them!!!), socks that I absolutely love!!, pottery tea light holder with a kitty on it, 2 kitty figurines, a 'kitty rock' (can't think of the name of this type, but I collect these), a key-chain from New Zealand, a wall plaque that says "A house is not a home without a cat to love!", Yankee Candle votives in Christmas scents, Maple Syrup flavored candy canes, miniature kitty ornaments, Bath Herbs, Wildflower seeds (on the paper that you plant), and a stocking for each of my girls filled with kitty things! I think I named everything! Forgive me SS if I didn't!

(Clickable thumbnails below!)

Noodles acted as Supervisor and Inspector

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4252.jpg http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4249.jpg

A close up of the candle holder, figurines, and the kitty rock (help me out with the name Jan!)
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4255.jpg

Here are the girls stockings, hung with care! I love the card pictures on them!!!
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4279.jpg
The girls loved the toys!!!
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4259.jpg

Moochie wouldn't leave them alone for me to take a picture...This is just the contents of her stocking. They got mice, sparkle balls, treats, a cute wall plaque each, a milk ring for Mooch (which Noodles promptly picked up and carried off with Mooch hot on her tail! haven't seen it since...), catnip sachets, a frog toy for Mooch, a braided mouse for Noodles. And they each got a wind up chick that hops!
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4260.jpg

Noodles went bananas over the wind up toy.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4265.jpg

Mooch gettin a nip buzz...
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4272.jpg

Putting the mouse on her head killed the buzz I think...
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/Secret Santa/?action=view&current=100_4274.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still don't know who my SS is! The package came from Ontario, Canada. They put "The ____ Family" as the sender name. (Using their name, not a blank!) There are things coming from different countries so maybe they are well traveled? Like the key chain and the coins. The coins are from places like Canada, France, Australia, Belgium, Indonesia, Belgium, and one that I'm not sure about yet! Some of the gifts were made in England, like the bath herbs and some of the chocolates. So maybe they aren't from Canada; just teaming up with someone to confuse me more!! They didn't leave any obvious hints; so I'm going detectiving I guess!

I'm just overwhelmed at how generous and thoughtful my Secret Santa has been to me! I really can't thank you enough! Everything was so thoughtful. Especially the coins and my 'kitty rock,' which has earned a place between my Angel purple quartz rock and my green "Freedom" rock on my entertainment center.

Can I use the videos I took of the girls going nuts over the toys as a bribe for some good hints??

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Recipient - Santa

AbbysMom - Miss Mew
AlleyGirl - Twstychik
Bella713 - Jaffacake
BelongsToEvie- ?
calico2222 - MonaxLisa
Catfriend - ?
catkiki - sillyitiliangrl
Catnip - ?
CATTYBIRD - tierre0
Duchess15 - pipersjo
eilcon - Pami
emrldsky - lmunsie
EnzoLeya - ?
Februa - CatFriend
felineorc - ?
GailC -?
gemlady - snosrap5!
GoingNova - ?
jennyranson - Renovia
Jaffacake - Katiemae1277
Jessy - GailC
katachtig - Taurus77
katiemae1277 - Momofmany
KittenKrazy - kittylover4ever
Kiwideus - katachtig
kluchetta - ?
laureen227 - KittenKrazy
MissMew - AlleyGirl
MonaxLisa - calico2222
MoochNNoodles - ?
mrblanche - Butzie
Pami- Rapunzel47
pipersjo - Going Nova
pushylady - ?
Rang_27 - ?
Renovia - ?
Royalenchntrss - Laureen227
RussianBlue - ?
sarahp - lookingglass
sillyitiliangrl - Februa
SillyJilly - gemlady
snosrap5 - kiwideus
StarryEyedTiger - ?
Tara & Rob - Caprice
Taurus77 - MoochNNoodles
TaviasMom - ?
tierre0- CATTYBIRD
twstychik-emrldsky
valanhb - ?
whiteforest - WELDRWOMN
wildfire203 - yam102284
yam102284 - Tara & Rob

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

First thing I opened were the kitties gifts. She made each of them a catnip mat!! Each mat has a bird attached to it; too cute!

and the mug... I can see some hot apple cider in my future, using this!
OMG, what a haul!
That cup is soo cute, perfect for hot drinks on a cold winter's day.
Kelley, you are very talented!

Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

And the Flying Koala:
Great gifts! I love that shot of Evie untying the ribbon!
And that koala is just the cutest thing ever!

And I have to say I see so few pictures of Topaz that her coloring strikes me every time.
I know, she's such a striking kitty (and I do mean that as a compliment!)

Originally Posted by gemlady

Now, if Santa could bring me my own digital camera, you'd get to see more pics of Topaz. I just wish she would do more than eat, sleep, and lounge.
Ahhh, she's a cat - what do you expect her to do?!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the pic you either have denim lapis or denim sodalite. These stones are a deep blue but when present with lots of white calcite get the descriptive name "denim". (Which is a lot nicer than "poor quality", but still attractive.) I have a necklace of denim sodalite beads.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just picked up my packages yes 2 of them at the post office.... I have yeto to fall to the dark side and have not opened them.
But they are from a far away land across the sea.
If I can make it I will open them tonight.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ARGH! I hit the post button too soon.

Anyways...

The last thing I opened was this adorable pop-up card.

So, with confirmation, the wreath, Hershey's gift box and last box of goodies came from Eva/Snosrap5!
My goodness that is the cutest card EVER!!!

I know.. I know!

Yes, Jill, did you open any more last night?
Hmmmm? Hmmmm?

The blanket is warm. Curled up in it after my shower last night. Now, if Santa could bring me my own digital camera, you'd get to see more pics of Topaz. I just wish she would do more than eat, sleep, and lounge.
I actually did... after commenting here I will post... if you are all good!

Wow!!! Everyones gifts are soo soo cool. Very very neat ideas and pressies from all the SS's!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I actually did (open)... after commenting here I will post... if you are all good!
I can be very good.

Now where did that smilie come from?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so after a much fun (disfunctional) christmas dinner with the family... getting home at 1am, I needed a little pick-me-up...

So....

I opened one, very cute, very noisey box!
Dh guessed by shaking it that it had jelly beans in the big box and earrings in the smaller...

He was very wrong in the big box, don't know how he thought that at all.. Sometimes men do really miss the whole kaboodle huh?

Kitters inspecting the box

Then playing with the ribbon!

The loot!

Very very pretty necklace and earrings made by Jan.
If I snooped correctly, I am going to think they are created pearls hand dyed a very rich green.
Though with hubby wearing a blue shirt in bad light I had a hard time seeing if they were green or blue, but when I had it on, I could see much more green!
How close am I on that one Jan?

Here is another shot that sort of (not so good still) shows you the coloring... I might need to actually bust out my macro lens and get a super close up to do it any justice!

And I couldn't let poor Kitters go without any fun too. (besides the paper and ribbon)
And she opened her jingly gift.

Here she is with her loot. Standing on the paper again to make sure it doesn't get away!

Grabbing one to play with!

She got: A purple mouse filled with catnip (she
loves
those ones, had one and killed it!), a big pink mouse, a midsize pink mouse, a stringy ropey pink thing that is a huge hit, and about five balls, a sparkly pom pom, a couple with jingles, & a few other kinds. She's been playing with them all already, (like she wouldn't)

So... I still have more to open but I will open one each night! This is actually really fun to do like that... Prolongs the fun....

AND THE STRESS ON YOU GUYS!

Thanks again Jan, they are stunning and beautiful and DH said he could tell as I opened it how much I liked it and how cool I thought it was just from the look on my face! That's neat to know that I am expressive without words!
Other than..... the look!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are fresh water pearls dyed a lovely dark green. Rather a holiday type green, do you agree? The clasp is sterling silver, as are the ear wires for the earrings.

Oh, they are hand knotted on green silk. Do you know how hard it is to find dark green silk thread without a yellow tint?

I hope you get lots of wearing pleasure from them. And if the thread breaks, I think I have enough to restring it for you.