The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

If you haven't ever tried a Cat Dancer on your cat, you would be amazed at how much they love it. It doesn't look like much. Someone gave one to me once and I thought, "yeah, right". Koko actually starts to drool when I pull it out of the drawer to play with her. You couldn't find them for a long time, but I think they carry them at Petsmart now.
My boys love their cat dancer too. I don't know what it is about it, but it's a great toy!

Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

I opened my front door to go to the chiropractor and tripped over a package!!!!
Good thing it was the chiropractor I was going to, cuz it hurt

hehehe, LOVED the card

I think Tonks wanted the pin
great haul!
I love that card too - funny and true.
Seems Tonks likes it too!

Originally Posted by yam102284

I got my package! I got my package!
You have to post pictures before you get a Darkside Cookie!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It came! It came! It came! I saw the UPS sticker on the door before I even got out of my car! I had a really long day at work and had just run to Wal-Mart for a few necessities before coming home. I grabbed the tag and went in to put up the cold stuff when I realized I was missing a bag from the store. Who care? I had a package at the office. So, I dumped the bags I had and my receipt and went to the leasing office to pick it up. I wasn't sure as we're waiting for a race track for our nephew too but I got to the office and she found the box and said "Secret Santa". I was so excited that I didn't care I had to run back to the store in the semi-blizzard outside. I looked at the tag and new right away who it was (still waiting on confirmation though). She's a fellow Hoosier but she's also a Bears fan! It took all my will power to not open it right there in the car! So, I go get my bag from the store and come home. Stip off my boots and let the kitties inspect the box while I go change out of my work clothes. Time to open! Of course, I haven't eaten diner yet so you'll have to wait for the rest but I'll post pics tonight. I'm going to upload them now, eat and I'll be back. Oh, and I even have dessert for after thanks to SS! Can't wait to try them.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I looked at the tag and new right away who it was (still waiting on confirmation though). She's a fellow Hoosier but she's also a Bears fan!
I bet I know who this is!! Not a lot of Bears fans here (we recognize each other).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

are you dissing the postie or your SS?

more presents are arriving! Still haven't got mine.
I have to call UPS again and sort them out.
All I've seen is the little slip that was stuck in my door...so the postie! But don't you go dissin' UPS! I've got my UPS shirt on today (seriously!)!!

Well I didn't get anywhere near the appropriate post office today. If DH can't get it in the morning for me I'll put the slip back in the mailbox so they can leave it outside my door anyway. It was sent delivery confirmation; so I'm assuming that's why they didn't just leave it. I don't live in the best neighborhood; but most of the time they go ahead and leave my packages at the door.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Well I didn't get anywhere near the appropriate post office today. If DH can't get it in the morning for me I'll put the slip back in the mailbox so they can leave it outside my door anyway. It was sent delivery confirmation; so I'm assuming that's why they didn't just leave it. I don't live in the best neighborhood; but most of the time they go ahead and leave my packages at the door.
Mine was sent with delivery confirmation, but they just left it outside of our mailboxes in our apartment building. I was so excited to get my package, but I was a little annoyed they just left it outside the mailboxes. It's indoors, but it's outside the locked door to get to the hallway, so anyone off the street could have come in and taken it. Usually they put a note in our mailbox saying we have a package at the post office. I don't know why they didn't do that this time.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the packages are coming in fast and furious now!!! Everybody's getting some GRRRRRRREAT gifts!!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Guess what I got?????

I got it!!! It actually came yesterday. I've been asking DH everyday if anything came for me. And yesterday I was having issues with my nephew and have been running all over, and been worried and stressing. So.... I asked DH if I got anything, and he said oh, some magazines, I think a bank statement, it's out in the living room, go look... While I took that as that I didn't get anything, fell asleep, and went to work today. When I got home tonight, asked DH again, and he said nope... didn't get ANYTHING today, but did I look yesterday? Then I saw it...
I haven't opened it yet... Having dinner then I'm going to show it to Kitters and do some investigating to see if I can figure out who sent it. All I know so far is where it was shipped from...
So... I'll post back later!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I bet I know who this is!! Not a lot of Bears fans here (we recognize each other).
She even ordered from you!

Ok, I'm back and boy... thoses treats were delicious!

So, first I have to say that the box was HUGE! I had a hard time wrestling it inside with a grocery bag. But I managed... all in the name of the dark side. There were so many packing peanuts it was like digging for treasure trying to find all the packages inside.

Here's everything still wrapped and pretty! (that didn't last long but I was tempted to save the cute kitty paper.

Inside the box wrapped in kitty paper were a bunch of smaller presents.

The kitties knew this was their box.

The first thing they wanted to open were "Catnip Buddy"s from Auntie Em's creations. They went nuts for these things and now they are both crashed out after a really good nip buz!

She also sent some other cat nip things called Hot Cats

For me there were some delicious smelling & tasting "human treats". They almost looked too good to eat... almost! (and the cute card with my hints in it)

A great purple Endless Whimsy cat playing. The pictures don't so it justice I don't think. It was cleverly disguised in a Logitech box.

There was also a Clever Cat Trick Kit with "10 tricks your cat MIGHT learn". LOL And a baby knits book for beginners including the basics of knitting. Must get out needles and try to learn again. The babies in it are so cute and so are the patterns. And for the kitties there were also 2 kinds of treats. I only opened one of them and Frankie tried to eat my finger she liked them so much. Last for the kitties there were some feater toys which I'm going to get out later I think.

Frankie jumped up and I don't know if she wanted her Buddy or her perch so I gave her both in the end.

Oh, I suppose I can spill not that she's confirmed it. My wonderful SS was Jade/emrldsky. Now I have to ask, can you share the recipe for those treats? There were gooey and wonderful and just the sweet I was looking for tonight!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine! My SS was AMAZING!! Thank you so much! I've got tons of pictures to post. Ok, so my SS's name is Brooke, and she lives in..Maryland? Even though the return address is CT...?! Any hints?
I checked my mail this morning before I headed out to work and I had to wait ALL day to find out what was in the package! I thought about saving it, I even put some of it under the tree (for about 30 seconds) but I just had to see!

Nermal didnt want to wait either..

and neither did Jimmy...

What a pile!!

I think I'll have to rotate pictures for this. I'll start with Arthur as soon as he gets better

I smell cat nip!!! There are now mice strewn all over the stairs and hall

Nerm liked the stocking the toys came in too!

Cat cross stitch books, I love it!!

Adorable!!

I think Nermal may have been disappointed that the cup didnt come filled.

And my personal favorite (SS, you're fantastic!!)

Thank you SO much! I love everything!! Oh! We also got some kitty treats, lots of jingly balls, some fruit and nut cadburys (my favorite!) And some Ginger Yogi tea (love the brand and the flavor!) and some potpurri and some smelly (good smelly) diffuser stuff. Awesome! I was totally spoiled!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recipient - Santa

AbbysMom - Miss Mew
AlleyGirl - Twstychik
Bella713 - Jaffacake
calico2222 - MonaxLisa
Catfriend - ?
catkiki - sillyitiliangrl
Catnip - ?
CATTYBIRD - tierre0
eilcon - Pami
emrldsky - lmunsie
EnzoLeya - ?
Februa - CatFriend
felineorc - ?
GailC -?
gemlady - ?
GoingNova - ?
jennyranson - Renovia
katachtig - Taurus77
katiemae1277 - Momofmany
KittenKrazy - kittylover4ever
Kiwideus - katachtig
kluchetta - ?
laureen227 - KittenKrazy
MissMew - AlleyGirl
mrblanche - Butzie
Pami- Rapunzel47
pipersjo - ?
pushylady - ?
Rang_27 - ?
Royalenchntrss - Laureen227
RussianBlue - ?
sarahp - lookingglass
snosrap5 - kiwideus
StarryEyedTiger - ?
Tara & Rob - Caprice
Taurus77 - MoochNNoodles
TaviasMom - ?
tierre0- CATTYBIRD
twstychik-emrldsky
valanhb - ?
whiteforest - WELDRWOMN
wildfire203 - yam102284[/quote]

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

She even ordered from you!

Ok, I'm back and boy... thoses treats were delicious!

Oh, I suppose I can spill not that she's confirmed it. My wonderful SS was Jade/emrldsky. Now I have to ask, can you share the recipe for those treats? There were gooey and wonderful and just the sweet I was looking for tonight!
The treats are easy, but take some time. You bake a nice cake, decimate it, add some icing to make it bind (so you can roll them up into balls). I used a mold for the bottoms. I then added milk chocolate to the mold (one at a time), placed the cake ball in the warm chocolate, then placed it in the freezer until the chocolate set. After that's all done, you basically "dunk" the tops in a colored white chocolate and top with sprinkles of your choice.

More detailed info can be found here: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/0...made-easy.html

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

The treats are easy, but take some time. You bake a nice cake, decimate it, add some icing to make it bind (so you can roll them up into balls). I used a mold for the bottoms. I then added milk chocolate to the mold (one at a time), placed the cake ball in the warm chocolate, then placed it in the freezer until the chocolate set. After that's all done, you basically "dunk" the tops in a colored white chocolate and top with sprinkles of your choice.

More detailed info can be found here: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/0...made-easy.html
All I can say is YUM! I think cake truffles is a perfect description!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recipient - Santa

AbbysMom - Miss Mew
AlleyGirl - Twstychik
Bella713 - Jaffacake
calico2222 - MonaxLisa
Catfriend - ?
Catnip - ?
CATTYBIRD - tierre0
eilcon - Pami
emrldsky - lmunsie
EnzoLeya - ?
Februa - CatFriend
felineorc - ?
GailC -?
gemlady - ?
GoingNova - ?
jennyranson - Renovia
katachtig - Taurus77
katiemae1277 - Momofmany
KittenKrazy - kittylover4ever
Kiwideus - katachtig
kluchetta - ?
laureen227 - KittenKrazy
MissMew - AlleyGirl
mrblanche - Butzie
Pami- Rapunzel47
pipersjo - ?
pushylady - ?
Rang_27 - ?
Royalenchntrss - Laureen227
RussianBlue - ?
sarahp - lookingglass
SillyJilly - ?
snosrap5 - kiwideus
StarryEyedTiger - ?
Tara & Rob - Caprice
Taurus77 - MoochNNoodles
TaviasMom - ?
tierre0- CATTYBIRD
twstychik-emrldsky
valanhb - ?
whiteforest - WELDRWOMN
wildfire203 - yam102284

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH is trying to hold it against me that the other day I said since it was getting so close to Christmas that maybe if it got here I would light-side it and not open it until Christmas Eve (as that's when we usually celebrate christmas)... and low and behold he's holding that against me!! So... it's here, I want to open it, Kitters is sitting on it, and he doesn't want me to open it. I'm trying to convince him to let us (me and Kitters) open it to see if everything is wrapped and then we'll keep the wrapped presents, and maybe open one a day or something. If they are not wrapped DH said he'd tape the box back up again... Hmmm... I'm trying... We'll see!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recipient - Santa

AbbysMom - Miss Mew
AlleyGirl - Twstychik
Bella713 - Jaffacake
calico2222 - MonaxLisa
Catfriend - ?
Catnip - ?