The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn here, but I know what you got (and who your ss is muahahahaha!) And you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I say OPEN.
Yup, please open. I'll send you a cookie if you come over to the dark side!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I should get extra cookies then, since I am the Darkside'er who started the thread this year!

Great gifts everyone! laureen, who was your ss?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

We must find a way to correct this. I finally found a place here and the entire box was gone in a day
My friend and I went shopping the other day and bought some TimTams at Target. I had packed some food to take home with her and after she left I noticed she took the rest of the TimTams too!

Originally Posted by pipersjo

My SS outdid themself! Pepper and Petunia LOVE it! It is now the official "Clubhouse". It started off with no girls allowed...
Excellent! Who is it from???

Originally Posted by laureen227

Nice haul, Laureen!
I can't believe thee was a tree in the box!

Originally Posted by calico2222

A breathtaking print of a tree in Maine that I really need to get a frame for soon; a very warm scarf in green and red that I really need this winter; vanilla lip balm (also needed!) and lobster breath mints...(hmmm...?
) A beautiful kitchen towel and I didn't realize it had 2 cat ornaments wrapped in it (one broke...sorry, I was so excited...but super-glue fixes everything). A cat note pad with 2 bookmarks. One was hand made in Istanbul, so that is going to stay in the packaging, but the other will be worn to death in the next few months, I'm sure. Plus a TON of candy and a Yorkie Candy bar that says "it's NOT for girls"...I fought DH off though and hid it.
Not to mention all the dog and cat treats and cat toys. 2 catnip mouses that I am saving until after the dogs go to bed.

OHHHH!! I almost forgot! I also got a pack of "cat butt gum". I took a pic but it didn't turn out. But, it's for when you want "attitude"...that could be dangerous!!
Excellent haul!

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I should get extra cookies then, since I am the Darkside'er who started the thread this year!
Perhaps TimTams?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

My friend and I went shopping the other day and bought some TimTams at Target. I had packed some food to take home with her and after she left I noticed she took the rest of the TimTams too!
That's hilarious
I checked one of our Targets last night, No Tim Tam's

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

btw - the mug i got w/photos on it is actually pix of Pixel & Mouse, only - a remembrance of my
& her loving sister

Awww. that's lovely. Wow, you got an impressive haul!
Awesome gifts (seriously - was the tree in there too?) Those magnets are such a nice idea too.

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I can already tell from the outside of the package that a lot of care went into it

I haven't opened my present yet, I'm almost thinking that I would like to wait until Christmas to open it this year. I don't know though, the dark side is compelling!
Don't open just yet - it gives you something to look forward to and bugs the heck out of the Darksiders!

A breathtaking print of a tree in Maine that I really need to get a frame for soon; a very warm scarf in green and red that I really need this winter; vanilla lip balm (also needed!) and lobster breath mints...(hmmm...?
) A beautiful kitchen towel and I didn't realize it had 2 cat ornaments wrapped in it (one broke...sorry, I was so excited...but super-glue fixes everything). A cat note pad with 2 bookmarks. One was hand made in Istanbul, so that is going to stay in the packaging, but the other will be worn to death in the next few months, I'm sure. Plus a TON of candy and a Yorkie Candy bar that says "it's NOT for girls"...I fought DH off though and hid it.
Not to mention all the dog and cat treats and cat toys. 2 catnip mouses that I am saving until after the dogs go to bed.

OHHHH!! I almost forgot! I also got a pack of "cat butt gum". I took a pic but it didn't turn out. But, it's for when you want "attitude"...that could be dangerous!!
Awesome! Wow, I love (what I can see of) the tree picture!
And those cute ornaments! As for the gum ....

Wonder who lives near enough to Maine to post from there and confuse you?

Everyone is getting fantastic gifts! Wow, some people have been totally spoiled, it's amazing.

Karen - are you ever going to invite your friend back after such a major transgression?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Don't open just yet - it gives you something to look forward to and bugs the heck out of the Darksiders!
*Smacks her across the head and gags her...*

Karen - are you ever going to invite your friend back after such a major transgression?
Yeah, I would've reported it to the authorities. (The SPCC)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NIKKI!!!! Have you opened, yet? Huh?? Didja? Didja?

Ignore the lady with the funny accent!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WooHoo! When I was leaving to go to the gym Thursday evening, I got a late package delivery, and it was from an unknown address in the USA. By the time I came home from the gym, kitties were quite insistent that I open it, and since I was not 100% certain it was from SS, I had to open it to be sure

And it was! Ill let the pics tell the story, but the short of it is, it took me about 3 hours to become fully darksided! mmmm yay! Here we go...

Please open Meowmy!

Something in here for me?

What about me?

Found it!

This is the one!

rowr!

fun for all!

The complete Haul

Best part-new cat bed deluxe version

Everything was really enjoyed. There was 2 boxes of Jujubes (my absolute fave!! but I was already eating one...the other might also be eaten by now
) My Secret Santa was Catfriend, who did an excellent job even throwing in a free pen! What a cheer up for the weekend

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

WooHoo! When I was leaving to go to the gym Thursday evening, I got a late package delivery, and it was from an unknown address in the USA. By the time I came home from the gym, kitties were quite insistent that I open it, and since I was not 100% certain it was from SS, I had to open it to be sure

And it was! Ill let the pics tell the story, but the short of it is, it took me about 3 hours to become fully darksided! mmmm yay! Here we go...

Please open Meowmy!

Something in here for me?

What about me?

Found it!

This is the one!

rowr!

fun for all!

The complete Haul

Best part-new cat bed deluxe version

Everything was really enjoyed. There was 2 boxes of Jujubes (my absolute fave!! but I was already eating one...the other might also be eaten by now
) My Secret Santa was Catfriend, who did an excellent job even throwing in a free pen! What a cheer up for the weekend
Amazon boxes are the best.

It all looks so wonderful. Your SS did a wonderful job.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitties are definitely on the Dark Side.
It is now official. The second "C" in SPCC also stands for catnip.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

She's a strong woman with good values, so you're just going to have to be patient!

Well, it's hard to ignore insistent cats!
Nice haul! The cats are really enjoying those catnip rolls, and of course the deluxe bed!

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I got my package today!!!!
Pictures to come soon?
Another one arrives! Have you opened it yet?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Found it!
I think the nicest gift sitting in that box is that gorgeous black cat!

Of course, I would say that, being the black cat person that I am!

I haven't heard a thing from my SS.
But I suppose it's my fault. I did say that I wasn't a darksider, and prefer having something to open on Christmas.

Y'll are getting some nice gifts!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, sorry for the long wait, but we were trying to get the camera straightened out (and didn't, as you will soon see) but my SS did an awesome job!

Ok, first get your dramamine out...I have not idea why the pics are so funky...these were taken by both me and DH so I don't think it was operator error...but, who knows.

Anyway, since it's hard to see in the pics, I got:

Thank you so much SS!!! Now, to figure out who you are. I have a few clues so let me go investigate........
Yay, you got it!! I saw that cat butt gum and just had to get it!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Another one arrives! Have you opened it yet?
I AM a Dark Sider
Took some pictures last night, and then ended up passing out before posting them! (Rob and I were laying down talking around 10pm, and BAM next thing you know its 5am, all the lights are on, fishtank lights on, and we're still dressed in bed
)

"Ooh Meowmy, whats in here?":

Katina performing a CAT scan....:

Inside the cardboard box:

Helping Meowmy take off the ribbon:

Ready to get into the box:

Kitties' spoils:

Meowmy's spoils:

Early Christmas

Thank you so very much, SS!!! I've already busted into the chocolate, put on some wonderful vanilla sugar fragrance, and have my Santa Claws socks to wear tomorrow to work
The kitties are playing with their toys (when they are not chasing each other!) and eating those treats like candy

Going to be trying to find out who my SS now
She gave me a few hints, although I'm sure the location one wont do much good since everyone's changed theirs! I've got two kitty names to help me out though

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a cookie, Tara!
Looks like the kitties made out good!

What were the kitty names (hints)?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn here, but I know what you got (and who your ss is muahahahaha!) And you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I say OPEN.
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Originally Posted by gemlady

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Open it!!!!!!
Honestly you guys, things have been pretty bad lately on a personal level for a while now (rather not go into detail if that's alright) that I think this year's Christmas is going to be pretty tight. So, I think I'm going to wait until Christmas to open my present so I have something really nice to look foward to! I know my wonderful Secret Santa put so much love and kindness into my gift- it gives me something to look foward to be excited about right now! I'm already looking foward to opening it up at Christmas!!!
So I'm going to try and wait till Christmas to open it up if my wonderful SS doesn't mind!!! (Which i'm still trying to figure out who my person is by the way lol!)

That's my plan at the moment! Hopefully I can resist the temptation to open it early!