the little weirdo....

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
quick question:

does anyone's cats go around the house meowing to themselves?!?!?

My little Isis seems to like to play with toys and meow while she is doing it, but she doesn't seem to be calling to anyone, which is usually what is happening when she is meowing.... I'm just confused and slightly baffled, when I find her and she's enthralled with some toy yet meowing... I spooked her just now because she was doing it while playing with a pipe cleaner, and she didn't realize I had snuck up on her.  I took the pipe cleaner away of course, which is what startled her. It seems similar to when a little kid is talking to themselves while playing with their toys, except this is a cat, not a human. Anyone else's  cats been caught doing this?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a good case of the evening crazies. Many cats will run around wildly, attack their toys, all kinds of silliness. Unless they are harming themselves, I wouldn't worry to much. Just cats being cats.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie has always done that with certain toys, but he's rarely quiet except when he's asleep. Most of the time he's talking to or calling us, but there's a certain tone of meow which I swear is like a person humming to himself. Maybe Isis is doing the same thing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@jcat: that's exactly what I think she's doing! I swear she's just talking to herself like a kid playing pretend!