The Little Stray Kitten

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes thank you for the pictures, and for what you're doing to help this sweet kitty. I don't know if purrito is a term others use, I've not heard it before. I think it's perfect, a burrito wrap for a kitty IS a purrito from now on in my book.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHAT a little darling he is!

While I do understand your vet's advice about letting him out, I do worry about busy streets. Outdoor cats just don't live as long as those who are inside-only. Now, this idea is far more common in some parts of the world than in others, but should you want to teach him to live happily indoors, this article may help you!

The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside

Toys (they can be as simple as balled-up paper) and hiding places (an empty box) and perhaps a perch to watch out a window can make inside far more fun for an energetic kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone!

I want to share an update about my little Sachi. I'm so happy to tell you that he's a chubby and healthy kitten now. He only weighs at around 1 pound when I took him home the first time, about 1 month ago but now he's a whooping 2,5 pounds!

The antibiotics combined with prescription food from the vet works like miracle. Now he's eating mostly dry food with occasional wet food as a treat twice a week.

This weekend, I'm going to take him to the vet for the first deworming and vaccination.

Thank you so much for all your support. You probably don't know how much it means to me, that all of you cared about my little kitten. Once again, thank you so much.

Oh, and here are some pictures of Sachi :-)

IMG_20181014_154210.jpg
I made him a comfy crocheted bed, but he still loves his cardboard box and catnip carrot. Look at his chubby belly and long legs :-)

IMG_20181014_114951.jpg
He also love to take a nap in strange places, like in between the fridge!

IMG_20181014_161047.jpg
This is the magic moment when he actually stand still as I took his picture :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WHAT a little darling he is!

While I do understand your vet's advice about letting him out, I do worry about busy streets. Outdoor cats just don't live as long as those who are inside-only. Now, this idea is far more common in some parts of the world than in others, but should you want to teach him to live happily indoors, this article may help you!

The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside

Toys (they can be as simple as balled-up paper) and hiding places (an empty box) and perhaps a perch to watch out a window can make inside far more fun for an energetic kitten.
Yes, I'm so worried about it too in the beginning. But to my surprise (and to everybody in my house) he actually avoided the streets and won't even get out from the store even though the door is open all the time during the work hours. He will stay under the cashier table snuggling at my mom's feet or playing with whatever stuff he can find inside the store. The customers also love to see him around when they're visiting the store. My mom said, maybe he has finally found home in our home :-)

Thank you so much for the link! I will definitely add more fun stuff inside my house for him to play with. I'm currently making cardboard castle for him that I hope to finish this week :-)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOOK AT THAT LITTLE ROUND TUMMY and those bright eyes! GOOD JOB!

But to my surprise (and to everybody in my house) he actually avoided the streets and won't even get out from the store even though the door is open all the time during the work hours. He will stay under the cashier table snuggling at my mom's feet or playing with whatever stuff he can find inside the store. The customers also love to see him around when they're visiting the store. My mom said, maybe he has finally found home in our home :-)
I think your mom is right, and he knows where his home is. He knows how tough those streets are for a small cat, and has no need to go out. He is happy right where he is.

You've done a wonderful job with him, you know. Now you can start to relax and enjoy him!