The Litter Locker by PetMate

mamakat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought a Litter Locker from Target a few weeks ago. I love it! Im going to buy another one soon for the other litter box in my house. It is so convenient to just open up the top and pour the used litter and feces in. Turn a little crank to cover the mess and TADA! No mess, no smell (from what Ive heard) no problem. I just wash the little black ring thing on top once a week when I do the litter boxes since it does come in contact with gross litter. But it is so easy and so convenient!! So much easier than using plastic bags each time.
Now I dont have to triple bag everything at the store to sneak some extra bags home

My refill cost $6 which is a bit pricey, but worth it IMO. Im still on the first set of bags so I havent used the refills yet. Speaking of it, I do need to go get my second Litter Locker this weekend. I want one on each floor so both my litter boxes are so easy to clean.

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heidi,

Thanks for the great review of the Litter Washing thing.. .very entertaining. When I first saw these advertised in the back of a cat magazine, the concept really grossed me out. You confirmed it.

Sorry you had such a horrible experience, but hopefully it will prevent other people from having the same yucky stuff to deal with.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're on sale at our local Target right now for $19.99
- it looks like they're being clearanced out, though.

ddestes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey thanks for posting those sales on the litter locker and liners! dummy me didn't even think to look somewhere else besides Petsmart for my replacement liners! I certainly will shop more wisely from now on!

Thanks again!

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pet Mate Litter Locker Plus $14.99 at Pet Club

The ad says price effective 10/22-10/28. I think I'm going to go try it after all the great reviews

mamakat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I got my second Litter Locker for upstairs, and also stocked up on extra bag filler things. I love having one for each litter box. It makes it so much easier to scoop, turn, forget about it for a week, then empty it all at once.
I love it

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love mine too! I think they should have named this LitterMagic! cuz it works so great.

One of the litter boxes is right by my computer and the Litter Locker sits by and doesn't have a bit of smell — even when kitty makes a bad stinky.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi your adventure made me laugh! Thanks for sharing it, and not going into to much detail-

ryelee's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to give my review. I have had my litter locker for a couple of weeks now, and I love it! Now that we are a two cat household I think the litter locker is a must. My husband has commented on how nice it is when he takes the trash out hehe no more smelly grocery bag "litter bombs" to stink up the trash.

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can someone with a Litter Locker help me find the blade to cut the bags? I threw out the box and can't figure out where the blade is so I have to use scissors.

ddestes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it's kind of hidden in a way.....with the litter locker open look at the underside of the top portion....you should see a blue piece of pointed plastic....the blade is under it....you cut the bag by drawing the bunched bag underneath that pointed blue plastic piece

hope i described it half way decent so you can find it...post bag if u need more info

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still not seeing it.

OK i have the thing opened and I am looking at the underside of the top. I see the ring that the bags come out, and the inverted scoop holder. Is it closer to the ring that the bags come out of or closer to the inverted scoop holder? And is it more centered or closer to an edge?

Thank you for your help!

ddestes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I just went down and opened mine up and it's not blue it's black (sorry about that). It's closer to the bag ring and it is centered. You won't be able to tell there's a blade, you'll just need to drag the bunched bag down under the top black (kind of pointed) plastic piece and pull and the bag will cut on the (I assume) blade underneath.

Hope this helps!

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey!!!! I just bought my Litter Locker last night! I wanted to buy in a few months ago but it was almost $40 and now for $19.99 at Petsmart I couldn't say no. I'm so excited to use it now!!!

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ya know what?
I think my unit must have not come with a blade.

I look in the spot that you describe, and there is a white rectangular area butted up and centered next to the ring, but there is no black thing to drag the bag under. I tried to drag the bag around, under, beneath, beside, etc the white rectangular thing but nothing cut the bag. I think the black thing you describe must have either fallen out or not gotten installed on my box.

Oh well. That's ok. I feel better knowing that the reason I can't find it is cuz it ain't there — not cuz I've gone crazy or something! thank you for helping me with this!