The Let's Rant! Thread

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

You read all of that? lol

I hope i didnt overtake anyone elses rant, when it comes to my dad i always have stuff to say unfortunately.

Thanks Hilda *hugs* it is a big pity i know he will never change
I had to read this all because your dad is soooo much like this person of mine...I just had to read it, they are truly so alike...its eerie, the similarities.
I've known this person for almost 30 years...he hasn't changed 'much'. There have been some changes, and for those I am so thankful...and they've all been for the better...but it seems like when one thing gets better, something else 'bad' pops up.

I know for a fact that you didn't overtake SwampWitch's rant...she intended this to be a thread for anyone to rant about anyone/anything.

Hilda>^..^<

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dragoriana, time for youto get your own place!

My husband helped clean up - he ran to the store and got gloves and Lysol (which triggers my asthma but you've got to disinfect, you know?).
You don't need to use lysol and it is toxic to people and cats. why do you think it triggers your asthma? there are "green" products you can use, or spray some alcohol.
Lysol is a waste of money and health.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Dragoriana, time for youto get your own place!
*points out bit in rant about going to job agencies* can't move yet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You read all of that? lol...
I read it all, too. I hope you read the links I posted; it is very liberating to find out that he's got problems, not you, and can't get reasonableness and understanding if he's not capable of it. It's sad he doesn't appreciate the amazing daughter he has. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

...You don't need to use lysol and it is toxic to people and cats. why do you think it triggers your asthma? there are "green" products you can use, or spray some alcohol.
Lysol is a waste of money and health.
I know, I know, that's why we didn't have any in the house. But if you had seen the bathroom! I wanted to clean and disinfect right then - the only "natural" store was long closed for the day, so he had to go to a chain. I rinsed the Lysol off with water really well before I was done.

My mother used to give me comet cleanser and bleach to clean the bathrooms every weekend. NOTE: don't do this - it can be deadly toxic!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HUG, does not sound much fun.
hm, Well i have a father that keeps saying he is going to come to my house and kill heyu and eazy

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

My dad is a self righteous prick who thinks of no one but himself.

I cant talk to him about politics or religion because everything i say is wrong and not in his 'bible' eg. i tried starting a convo about young girls who get abused and asking him what he thought about the abortion pill. he pretty much stopped me after the words pregnant teen. he doesn't have empathy or sympathy or kindness in his bone unless it's to impress some person he barely knows or to annoy me. if you were 13 and you got assaulted and became pregnant, surely some people would agree that carrying a baby full term could be a bad thing for the child (teen) she would go through the trauma of something she shouldn't be doing for another 10 or more years (or at least till shes had an education and a proper childhood) and shed be reminded of the person who attacked her. my father doesnt think about any of this. as soon as this stuff is brought up it is 'the bible says thou shall not kill' blahblah

whenever i have problems with my weight, self esteem issues etcetc dad thinks the answers to everything is a simple 'yes or no'. evetrything is black and white with him, no inbetween.

he says people are stupid for visiting graves and holding onto the memory of a dead person. that it's just a shell and the person is dead why should you visit a graveyard. thou he holds onto these ugly pots my nana made (she is alive and i love her dearly) insteasd of spending more time with her while she is alive. he makes such a big deal about them. jazzy was in her tunnel and rolled against the wall where the pots werer lined up (pretty stupid place to put them, on a wooden floor, against a wall when you know you have energetic pets running about) and he got p****d off and moved them 'its the only thing i have left of her' SHES ALIVE!!!

my whole life hes had a thing about makeup, tattoos, jewellery. he says piercings are shrapnell and everyone who uses these things have no self esteem and dont respect their bodies. he judges SO many people on their looks even if he hasnt met them and doesnt care if they could be nice people. so the other day when mum and i were talking about smelly people (either people who dont wash or have alot of curry/garlic in their diet and it effects their body odour) he went on and on about us judging people and we shouldnt say stuff like that. all we said was that it smelt awful and the smell of a group of 5 teen boys wafted down the whole shopping aisle. but there was no laughing or faces on our behalf, we just walked off. FFS!!! And he says we should be more christian and shouldnt judge people by the way they look. HE DOES IT

i am wiccan, i am interested in many different ways of life, i have a very open mind, but not to christianity. i have had bad experiences within my own family of being cornered as the black sheep and told i would be sent to hell if i dont believe in god etc (im sure alot of the people here are christians and that is fine, you are all nice) dad always makes fun of me and half the time thinks my opinion isnt important on anything because i 'believe in magic and silly things that arent real' but he is allowed to carry on about how the earth was created and i was created etc. and that everything in the bible 'stonings, rapes, incest' etc is perfectly fine. i cant even bring up the whole adam and eve incest thing. because it is logical. and some days he cant even make up his mind. he is SO strong about christianity, but he is such a zealot and so contradictory to himself and others.

i am 23 and i have to hide the fact that i have had sex before marriage and that i do adult things. he blackmails me into hugging him. i dont want to touch him but he says 'fine i wont talk to you if you dont hug me' or 'bugger off you're so cold' or 'ill cut off the internet if i dont get a hug' that isnt the way to get someone to love you. there is no way he can fix the last 23 years. then there are smalls things he tells me not to do like leave dirty plates out, dont slam your door, dont leave an empty toilet roll in the toilet, dont be rude about other people, dont make noise in the morning so other people sleeping can sleep' etcetc. he does ALL of that. i am so careful of how i am around him and he does all of this stuff. not out of forgetfulness, but laziness. just because i am now an adult doesnt mean he should stop making a good impression. he doesnt work either btw. and i am out during the week reporting to job agencies, going to counselling, spending time with Tristan, doing my own grocery shopping etc. But i am not allowed to talke back to him because he is the FATHER.

over a year ago i had some um personal objects which i kept hidden UNDER MY BED in a chest, out os sight to anyone but me. one day i came home and he had 'found' the chest, yelled at me to throw everything else, asked me why i had that disgusting stuff, did my bf have anything to do with it then restricted me to 2 hours of internet a day even to this day. now how does someone find this stuff unless they go into your bedroom and search every nook and cranny. he has back problems and he is 6'5". he would have had to get on his knees on the floor, pull the chest out and open the latch. that wasnt an accident!! that is an invasion of privacy. i am not 16 and i pay rent to my mother and he contributes nothing. i am so ****************** sick of this!!!!!
I'm sorry to her about your relationship with your Dad. Mine was not very nice to me, either (he died 7 years ago). I lived with my parents until I got married 3 years ago--at a quite late age! When I was little, my Dad physically abused me. He cared for me when Mom was at work. He also emotionally and verbally abused us. I was a fat kid, until adulthood. He always made nasty remarks, even in front of other people, about my weight. I loved to make my own clothes. He'd say, "What's wrong--getting so fat you need to build another dress each week?" Or, "Why can't you be pretty like (my ex-sister-in-law's name here)?" "You've always been nothing but trouble." (Yeah, right. I stayed at home to care for my elderly parents, whom used guilt to keep me chained to them.) My Mom was mean, but in a different way--not physically. I gave my life to this woman, and, when a relative started trouble with me, she sided with HER. Now, only 1 brother (I have 3) still speaks to me. The others ignore me in public, and even in Mom's house, only speaking to my hubby. I now feel that I have no family--it's like I lost them all in one fell swoop Christmas 2005. (Two brothers were overheard by hubby and my friend, saying I had no right to get married, and leave Mom.) Thank God for my wonderful husband and his family--they are my only family now. I have the best in-laws! They treat me the way my "family" should have.

I envy you folks who have great relationships with your parents. I've never known that feeling.

MargeCat

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hugs to all of you. It makes me so sad to think that people have to put up with such terrible things. When I read posts like these I feel so sorry and truly wish there was something to be done to make things better.

Unfortunately I'll go back to that old, worn out idea, that your troubles have shaped you and made you into the person you are today. Maybe that's not much consolation in the middle of an ongoing battle, but at least you can know that the people who have tried to destroy you have not succeeded, and have instead made you a million times better than the person they can ever hope to be.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Hugs to all of you. It makes me so sad to think that people have to put up with such terrible things. When I read posts like these I feel so sorry and truly wish there was something to be done to make things better.

Unfortunately I'll go back to that old, worn out idea, that your troubles have shaped you and made you into the person you are today. Maybe that's not much consolation in the middle of an ongoing battle, but at least you can know that the people who have tried to destroy you have not succeeded, and have instead made you a million times better than the person they can ever hope to be.
I try to think that way, too. You know the supposed Irish saying, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"? I was also made fun of a lot in school (fat + red hair + shy=excuse to abuse!). While I wish I never had gone through it, I feel it's made me a better person. It made me more sensitive to others' feelings, as I know what it's like to be hated purely because you look "different". All of this said, however, I still have trouble dealing with ciriticism or perceived attacks on my feelings.

MargeCat