The kittens are a riot!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday is a new adventure with and for Spencer and Katie!

We've already had some play between Abby and the kittens. I posted about it my announcement thread about the kittens.

Last night I spent 10 minutes picking up their spilled toy basket of toys, and before I went to bed I put a few on the cat tree, and one of their favourites (a cloth knot) into the covered box part.

Today Spencer was carting around that knot like it was a huge prize!

I noticed that all of the toys I had placed on and in the tree were now out. So I picked up all of the toys again and went and put a few back on the tree, and another inside the box.

The kittens have figured out that if they go into the box, they can sometimes find a toy to play with, so Spencer has been into the box, taken out the toy, promptly lost it, and went back in looking for another!!

Because I am not going to spend my entire life replacing a toy every time they take it out, they will have to settle for the occasional time they go in there will be a fun surprise waiting for them!!

I saw Abby looking in the box just now too. She can get her head in, but that's about it. The toy wasn't to her liking.... a noisy red octopus with a few bells on the legs.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aren't kittens just the best things, it sounds like they are really settled and beet happy with you

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to my world!
Jack's 4 in April, and every day i still have to pick toys up because he carries them up and down stairs. I picked up 7 last night as we went to bed, and there was 5 out on the stairs this morning

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Your babies are absolutely precious! And it sounds like Abby is doing well with them....she's a sweetie, too.

We have a toybox in our living room that's shaped like a mouse. The mouse's head is the top of the box. We keep their toys in there, but I always like to keep a few little toys out and about in the living room. There's a certain toy (a sparkly ball) that is BooBoo's favorite. I'll keep it out for him, but sometimes, I'll purposely throw it into the box. Why? Because we love to watch BooBoo nose around and paw around in the box for his ball! I keep wanting to take some pictures of his face and paw in the box, rooting around because he's so cute.

Enjoy your babies....they won't stay little for long.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like fun at your house!
We have a toy box, but we also have toys all over the place. And a bunch of them end up under the bed. I keep some under there, but take some back out to the living room. Silly kitties..

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww how cute are they!!!!
Every night, after we go to bed, Calvin brings 1 toy to us. Without fail. He may get it from the basement family room or the main level to the 2nd floor bedroom and play with it for a little while over the comforter and then leave it there overnight. Crazy kitties.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens are so much fun
Wish they could stay that little forever

justjayde

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So cute!

Kissy has a toyboxtoo - beside my chair. He takes toys sometimes but usually he walks over to it and asks me to give him a toy
I of course do! By the end of the day it looks like the toy tornado has hit - we (ok I ) pick them up and put them all away until he asksfor some and it begins again. Well not ALL Usually I leave a few out

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
You pick their toys up?

Honestly, my dining room is covered in cat toys. I tried the box and they discovered how to tip it. So now the toys get moved when I vacuum and if company's coming and I need the dining room.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My kittens love the glittery puff balls and we have about a dozen of them. They are very good kittens who put their puff balls away -

under the coffee table, the aquarium, the refrigerator and the stove. About every 2 or 3 days we have to do a sweep under these so they have their puff balls.