the ideal cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Honestly, it sounds like you would be better off with a dog. Not a puppy, a dog. You can't train cats (at least not easily) Even the breeds said to not jump on objects, such as munchkins, still jump. You can't stop a cat from getting into mischief if you aren't around, because they are by nature inquisitive. Sounds to me like you are being to rigid with what you want, and if someone recommends a cat and you get one, and it doesn't "fit" your criteria- what then?
I agree with Hissy 100%. What you are asking for doesn't exist. If it does, it certainly isn't a CAT!

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly? Stuffed. Or really ancient and arthritic. Jumping and climbing and occasional mischief are basically universal cat traits.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come on, I think we are all being a bit harsh here.

This person has come on here for advice and he seriously seems to be honestly wanting to make sure he makes the right decision about his cat. He is putting a lot of genuine thought and research into it. Also, if you read his second post, he says that it won't matter if he doesn't get the `ideal cat' because they'll love and care for it just the same.

His motives are because he wants the cat to be happy and healthy in his home. Admirable motives IMO.

When we went looking for our dogs we absolutely looked for the breeds that had the best characteristics to suit our lifestyle, so that we had the best opportunity to make them as happy with us as possible.

I think that is all this person is trying to do and perhaps had we been more helpful he wouldn't have left the board, as it appears he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.