The I Did It Again Belated Question For September 13, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, guys...my cell phone had a mental breakdown two weeks ago. Now, this is where I had an alarm set to go off just after midnight on Wednesday mornings to remind me to post the QoD. The new phone should be here any day now, and I AM SO SORRY. I am also so brain-dead.

Fall is FINALLY here, although my thermometer hasn't quite gotten the news yet. What is your favorite thing (or things) about fall?

EVERYTHING! The colors of the trees, the cooler air, the color of the air (I love that honey-colored afternoon light), EVERYTHING!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love the colors of the foliage... they re so pretty... but I could do without it getting any colder...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No such thing as autumn around here, just "almost winter" :lol:. Those are the seasons in South Dakota---almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction, lol. And we are actually still in construction season.

I do like the cooler weather and relative lack of humidity. I don't like that it's almost winter :/.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I especially love the way in which mosquitos seem to be unable to survive the cold temperatures :) Yes, I know I am cruel, but It is my blood and I am not ok with feeding others with It :lol:
I love the colors too, even more so because we have a nice combo of fall colors and evergreen trees. It is just too beautiful, and the sky seems to be on fire for sunsets, which is even better.
I also love how Raistlin's coat grows longer again, so he has a big fluffy mane that makes him look quite majestic.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fall? Isn't that something that happens after you stumble? :lol:

There's no such thing here. It goes from hot to tolerable to hot again. The trees always look the same. All that is OK with me. There's no leaves to rake. I was never a fan of fall. It only meant one thing. One horrible, horrible thing. WINTER was on the way. :bawling: :cold: :eviltongue: :ohwell: :argh::headshake:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Being able to enjoy coffee again. It's so humid here in the summer that my morning cup of coffee makes me break out in a sweat. But what can I do? I can't function without coffee and I'm never together enough to make coffee last thing at night and leave it in the fridge so I can have iced coffee in the morning.

It's just starting to be the right temperature to enjoy coffee again now. It always smells better in the autumn too, for some reason.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
apples!!! :hyper: and the leaves turning, lessening of the need to mow the lawn, the warmth of my wood burning stove (used only briefly at this point, just to take the chill off the house as needed), and i do usually bake some dessert with pumpkin in it in the fall.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am starting ti think that USA citizens have some sort of fetiche with pumpkin :lol:
We don't have season's flavours here, there are a couple of sweets linked to festivities and a day in which It is typical to drink sweet Apple cider and eat chestnuts, but that is all. No pumpkin things, that is for sure :biggrin:

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fall? Isn't that something that happens after you stumble? :lol:

There's no such thing here. It goes from hot to tolerable to hot again. The trees always look the same. All that is OK with me. There's no leaves to rake. I was never a fan of fall. It only meant one thing. One horrible, horrible thing. WINTER was on the way. :bawling: :cold: :eviltongue: :ohwell: :argh::headshake:
This is so true!
I lived in Florida for a short time and it was so comfortable in November. Then I took a Greyhound bus to Portland Oregon and it was snowing! I had only shorts and T-shirts!

I like about the fall; trees changing color, people getting warmer as the air gets cooler, and my husband stops complaining about heat humidity and mosquitoes.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This might sound weird. It is something I miss about fall since I moved years ago.
I lived for years in a house that had two big trees and when they dropped the leaves there were a lot. It rained heavily too so conditions to rake them all and dispose of them sometimes was a matter of time. I had a motion sensor on my front porch light and at night I could hear the leaves rustling. Sometimes so furiously that they activated the light. it was nightcrawlers enjoying the ground cover.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am starting ti think that USA citizens have some sort of fetiche with pumpkin :lol:
Hee!

I think I like pumpkin because it evokes happy memories of my childhood. We always had pumpkin pie as part of our Thanksgiving dinner. And at Halloween, you can't just throw all that pumpkin out after you've carved a jack-o'-lantern, so the next thing you know you're making pumpkin bread, pumpkin butter, etc. Then before you know it, pumpkin has suddenly become a Fall tradition. :biggrin:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I LOVE fall. The COLDER temps so I finally stop sweating. I like being able to walk around without getting bitten by tons of bugs and burned by hot sun. The leaves in my backyard turn beautiful colors. Especially the maple trees. The cats love the cooler air because they become lap cats again. And being able to exercise without feeling like I am in a furnace. I love winter too.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- The fresh, cooler weather. Not too hot, not too cold either. I'm definitely a cool weather kind of person.
- Changing colour of the leaves, oranges and reds.
- Halloween! Love Halloween!
- Thanksgiving!
- No buggies
- The yummy seasonal foods, treats and cozy drinks
- Dance season returns
- Some Fave TV Shows are back, albeit still very varied.
- Cooler nights, easier to fall asleep, more comfy.

It's great too, because the one thing I hated about fall was going back to school, Elementary or High School, which I hated and was miserable. I adored University, but still offered the usual exhausting and busy times.

So it is nice that I'm at a stage now where I only have to focus on the fall season! So peaceful and relaxed that way.

Just have to forget the fact that winter comes after :tongue: