The Hurt Locker

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We watched it last Sunday night--boy, it was a great movie. I liked the way there was no romantic angle, sappy stuff, glamorous stuff, etc. It portayed what our brave men and women in the armed forces do every day for us. It's a beautiful movie, but hard to watch (like Schindler's List is for me); "hard" meaning gut-wrenching.

Did you ever watch Generation Kill?

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We saw it over the summer and liked it a lot. Very intense and thought-provoking. I hope Bigelow wins the Oscar for Best Director.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

We watched it last Sunday night--boy, it was a great movie. I liked the way there was no romantic angle, sappy stuff, glamorous stuff, etc. It portayed what our brave men and women in the armed forces do every day for us. It's a beautiful movie, but hard to watch (like Schindler's List is for me); "hard" meaning gut-wrenching.

Did you ever watch Generation Kill?
I've never seen that movie. I'll check it out.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Good movie...just finished watching it.
Haven't seen it yet but it is going up against another major motion picture, a little movie called Avatar
. Guess we'll just have to wait till Oscar night to find out who wins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Haven't seen it yet but it is going up against another major motion picture, a little movie called Avatar
. Guess we'll just have to wait till Oscar night to find out who wins.
Is it rare for a picture that wasn't widely released on the big screen to be a major contender for best picture?

I'll be seeing Avatar next weekend.

The Hurt Locker is one of those films that can keep you on the edge of your seat.