The house feels empty

DebbieLamb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How can one little furry being take up so much space?

I had to let my 15 year old kitty go yesterday and I still have a 16 year old kitty and a 6 year old dog. Yet, the house feels empty. I've been down this road before, I've lost a number of furkids over the years. Each one has taken a piece of my heart with them. This one feels different though, and I'm not sure why. I feel exhausted, drained. She was pretty sick for the last couple of months and needed a lot of hand-on care. Even though that was hard, I miss it. I miss the one-on-one I had with her the last couple of months. I miss her coming to cuddle and purr. I know in time, the pain will ease. But for now, the house just feels strange. I wander around looking for something that isn't there.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry. They do become such a huge part of our lives, don't they? She was very lucky to have someone like you to care for her when she was sick. She knew how much you loved her.

Take a deep breath and cry as much as you need to. All we can do is be grateful for every minute we have with them.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am truly sorry for the sadness and grief you are going through right now.

Our moments with our pets, whether it lasted only 5 years or 15 years, will never be enough. And always, always leave paw-shaped holes in our hearts when they leave.

Please hang in there. We are here for you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You feel so empty because there is a huge hole in your life right now. You were kept busy with her care and providing what you could for her, and now that she is gone you have time to truly think of what she meant to you and how much she filled your soul and your home with her presence. She may be gone from your life, but she will forever be a presence in your soul.
The bond you built over those 15 years is a strong one, no one, not even death, can break it. It is spiritual, so eternal. The 'essence' that was her will always be a part of you, it just does not 'go away' when they leave us. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. She took a piece of your heart with her for comfort, but she left a piece of her own to bring the same to you.
She shared your life's journey for 15 years, she was in your life for a reason. To have never known her at all is impossible to think about, she gave you so much. There are no truer words than "do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".....RIP precious little girl. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DebbieLamb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Who could not love that sweet face? Former barn cat that became a house cat after she was attacked by a stray male. She needed meds and it was easier to do that in the house rather than trying to catch her outside twice a day. I told her that if Sammy (my other cat) was okay with her staying in the house permanently, then she could stay. After a little bit of hissing, on his part, they became fast friends.

Attachments

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Aw, sweet girl. I'm very sorry. It's so hard to let them go. My heart goes out to you. :hugs: