the heartache is unimaginable

Rjaxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to apologize for not posting and/or updating.The past couple of weeks have been brutal to say the least.
I first posted about losing mae mae my 10yo polydactyl baby girl on the 12th & i had mentioned waiting on the cancer test results for my woo girl as well.
I lost Mae only 18 days ago...I had her cremated and brought her back home on tuesday& after picking her up I had to sit in the parking lot in my truck for awhile...I was crying so hard I couldn't drive
Woo and I have been to her vet weekly for the last month or so, I had started her on steroids only to find out that I will be losing my woo girl & soon
There's absolutely nothing I can do
I only have days..weeks (at most) left with her
my heart isn't only broken...
my soul is crushed

Last edited by a moderator:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss and grief. You gave them both wonderful and full lives. Let yourself grieve. Find someone to talk to and to share stories and pictures with, someone who understands how hard the loss of a cat companion can be.
Prayers for comfort.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to concentrate on making Woo girls' last days filled with comfort and love. I can imagine the pain, I have been there myself, it IS soul crushing and everything seems so hopeless. Be kind to yourself, they were in your life for all that time and you loved them and made them happy. You don't want your Woo girl to suffer, let her go when the time comes......
One day I'm sure they will send another little soul your way to fill that huge hole. Nature abhors a void. Those two angels will be looking out for you and will live through you. So send love, it is eternal......

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss and what you are currently going through, that is understandably heartbreaking. Just know you are not alone, and you are all in our thoughts. :redheartpump: You clearly seem like an amazing owner and those muffins were and are so lucky to have you.

Huge huge hugs and support! :grouphug::hugs::grouphug:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my Darlin', my heart with yours. Hek and I are on our last journey together, as well. Just...love her. Spoil her. Bask in her presence, and store it up. And try, try, try, not to let the knowledge of what is to come blunt the joy of the time you have left. Every moment is precious. Help her LIVE until it is time to go, and take joy in that living.

Again, my heart with yours!

I'm John

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain and as di and bob di and bob mentioned, focus on spending quality time with your cat.

What I did when my boy started going into the direction of the rainbow bridge is that I used to talk to him about whatever I felt needs to be said. He understood when I apologized to him for something I wished I had done differently. I caressed him. I fed him. I kept his litter clean and fresh so he can enjoy. Also, what I learned is that he wanted to be alone as well, so I gave him space when he needed it. And then one day I knew I have to do the reasonable thing before his pain becomes worse.

If you need any help, we're here for you.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss of Mae- my words cannot express what I feel and for my hope that you enjoy every second with Woo ..... my heart aches for you and may my prayers bring you Comfort,Peace and Abundant Joy❤🙏

OhYesIndeed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's absolutely nothing I can do
I only have days..weeks (at most) left with her
my heart isn't only broken...
my soul is crushed
Four years ago I buried our cat... well, *my* cat. It always felt like she was mine, even though it was my wife who chose her at the shelter. Having gone through this ordeal I thought I would be better prepared for when I would be in a similar situation in the future.

But it turns out you can't really prepare for it. Every cat you own you have a special bond with, and every time you have to bury one you bury a piece of your soul with it. Take whatever comfort you can from the fact that you are not alone in your pain.