The Happy Thread

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shem

LOL!! We don't really do anything actually. Some people go Fox hunting (and I don't agree with this sport but it seems to be a bit of a disgusting tradition in this country). Maybe some other Brits can shed some light
So you get a day off from work for no reason?? No fair! I wanna live in England!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

SWEETIECAT3

Boxing Day is a public holiday observed in many Commonwealth countries on 26 December. In many European countries it is also a holiday, called St. Stephen's Day or the Second Day of Christmas. Strictly defined as the first weekday after Christmas [1], popular usage [2] has more recently maintained that Boxing Day always falls on the 26th, and that its associated public holiday may fall on a different day.

There is much dispute over the true origins of Boxing Day, but one common story of the holiday's origins is that servants and tradesmen received Christmas gifts from their employers on the first weekday after Christmas, the day after the family celebrations. These were generally called their "Christmas boxes." Another story is that this is the day that priests broke open the collection boxes and distributed the money to the poor.

In Commonwealth countries (barring India), any fixed-date holidays falling on Saturday or Sunday are often observed on the next weekday, so if Boxing Day falls on a Saturday then Monday 28 December is a public holiday; while, if Christmas Day is a Saturday then both Monday 27 December and Tuesday 28 December will be public holidays. In the government holiday listings of the United Kingdom for 2004, the bank holiday in lieu of Boxing Day was observed on Monday 27 December, before the holiday in lieu of Christmas Day on Tuesday 28 December.

Boxing Day and the following day often features retail bargains in Canada.

I just found this. Hope it helps
Umm, yes, that pretty much wraps it up doesn't it? Thanks.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm happy because Toulouse is cuddled up next to me, I might not have to work on Friday... and I made a new friend through TCS!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy today because...

I get to go home today!!

and....
I don't have to work tomorrow!!

I haven't been home to see my family since Thanksgiving, a whole month!
I'm usually home every other weekend, but not seeing them all for a month has been driving me crazy, I am such a family girl, I have been going nuts!

I am counting down the hours til I leave work and drive the 2 hours home!!

WooHoo!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rock on LilAxlGurl!

I was happy last night 'cos I went to clean up a piece of cat poo on the carpet and it turned out to be a big bit of sock fluff instead!
Always a bonus!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Rock on LilAxlGurl!

I was happy last night 'cos I went to clean up a piece of cat poo on the carpet and it turned out to be a big bit of sock fluff instead!
Always a bonus!
That IS a bonus!!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm happy today because...

I get to go home today!!

and....
I don't have to work tomorrow!!

I haven't been home to see my family since Thanksgiving, a whole month!
I'm usually home every other weekend, but not seeing them all for a month has been driving me crazy, I am such a family girl, I have been going nuts!

I am counting down the hours til I leave work and drive the 2 hours home!!

WooHoo!!
What time is it there? if you lived in the uk you'd be on your way soon!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

What time is it there? if you lived in the uk you'd be on your way soon!
Unforunatley, its only 10:21AM here....many many more hours til I can go home!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have a great holiday with your family BabyHarley! Not too long to go now...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Dad's just paid for a years car tax for me

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the YMCA last night and instead of walking on the tredmill, me and my friend decided to play basketball instead (what a workout!!
) And I beat her!! She used to play basketball in High School and I was a volleyball player....haha, I suck at basketball, but I was really happy that I beat her,

hadley's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Post what has made you happy or what good thing happened to you today or just generally be happy

*tries to get good vibes going*

I'll start...

My new boots arrived today
wicked kool boots i had a pair of purple swead doc martians

hadley's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok thing that made me happy was on xmas day i finaly found out the secret my mom was keeping from me when we went to my cousins house for gifts my other cousin told me she decided on a date for her wedding which will be dec. 31st 2006 but then she asked me to be her maid of honor!!! i cried i actualy cried

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was happy last night because I discovered there's a pic of me teaching one of my group exercise classes on the main fitness programs web site for UCF. I couldn't believe it! Here's a link in case you're interested: http://www.rec.ucf.edu/NFIT.htm
I'm the one in the front to the right of the picture with a pack around my waist and my mouth open like I'm yelling at everyone.
Finding that really made my night!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I was happy last night because I discovered there's a pic of me teaching one of my group exercise classes on the main fitness programs web site for UCF. I couldn't believe it! Here's a link in case you're interested: http://www.rec.ucf.edu/NFIT.htm
I'm the one in the front to the right of the picture with a pack around my waist and my mouth open like I'm yelling at everyone.
Finding that really made my night!
Thats awesome!!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What makes me happy huh? Im not sure there is enough room on this thread for all of the pictures of what (or who) makes me happy.

I'll start with my human loves....
My husband, David

My beautiful, smart angels....Laynee & Alleaha

And my furbabies....

Garfield (as a baby)

Lilo (as a baby)

And Petals

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your husband look so happy together!!

Oh your 2 girls are just so precious, how gorgeous are they!? You will have a lot on your hands when they get older!!

Awww...I just love Garfield, Petals (so does Harley,
) and Lilo!!