The Greatest Story Ever Told

gabbysantana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone my name is Gabby and my handsome boy's name is Noah, we live in Central California. We speak both English and Spanish at home and we refer to Noah as the capitan of the house, meaning captain of the house.

Noah was found at a middle school during the month of July. He was about 6 weeks old and was the only surviving kitten of his litter. The rest of his siblings had passed due to starvation and dehydration. Noah was extremely extremely extremely thin. He was covered in fleas and had severe anemia. At the time my family never even thought of owning a cat let alone a really sick kitten. So after taking him home and feeding Noah, I decided to call the Cat House on the Kings for help. Thank goodness for Lynea and her staff. I would have not known what to do without them!

So after days of rescuing Noah, the hard part of nursing him back to health hit us like a flying football to the face. Due to the fact that Noah probably consumed very little food in his life, his poor little body could not handle the food we were giving him. So for weeks constant watery, smelly and colorful diarrhea came pouring out his backside every single second and I literally mean every single second. I was extremely overwhelmed, I had never seen anything like it before! 

No matter how many times I bathed him, that boy managed to get diarrhea on him and this continued on for weeks until it finally stopped. 

Then our next journey began with Noah...

We finally decided to bring him in after we dewormed him. That was a mistake. For another couple of weeks we would have parasites coming out his backside several times of the day. Noah would be walking around the house, eating, sleeping, playing and we would see them squirming out and drop to the floor. I was horrified and really grossed out. My brother and I would quickly would pick them up and throw them away without our parents ever finding out. It was only until recently that we let them know what had occurred inside their tidy house. 

Finally after several months of hard work, Noah was on the path of health!! Our labors of love really payed off and it was wonderful to see a well deserving kitten receive all the love and attention we had to give. 

Today iNoah s a little trouble maker of a cat. He absolutely loves to bother our dog until he gets a not to nice reaction from her. Noah is a house cat yet we allow him to roam our backyard (our fences our cat proof thanks to my dad); however, that doesn't seem to be enough for him as he likes to "escape" the comfort of his home for the uncertainty of the street. 

Thank you for reading my long story! I'm really excited about joining and becoming involved. 

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful and touching story.  Noah is such a lucky kitty that you rescued him.  Post more pictures of Noah when you can; everyone here loves photos.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!  Noah was truly blessed when you found him!  Thank-you for taking him in.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome!  We're so glad you found us!  This has truly become another home to me, a place where no one gets sick of hearing about my cat (ad infinitum, as nauseum), or laughs when I ask something someone who has had as many cats as I have really ought to know.

I am so thrilled that little Noah found you.  As we say in the South, "Ya done real good, Kiddo!"

ripley86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a lucky furbaby! And kuddos to you fir toughing it out through the problems you had getting him back to health. :clap:

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Noah! I'm so happy that your loving care helped to nurse him back to health! [emoji]9786[/emoji]