The greatest baby name book ever - ha!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to go very traditional, but not as common as Michael and John and Robert and Richard... you might consider David. I can't remember the last time I met a David, yet it's a very familiar, solid-sounding name.

You mentioned Ethan, which is very nice, and you might also consider Evan, which is a favorite of mine.

The name Randy has some unfortunate connotations, but I love Rand. Simple, yet uncommon.

I like the name Collin, too, with two Ls -- so people won't pronounce it "colon!"

Drew is another classy name -- it could stand alone, or it could be short for Andrew.

I know some people who named their baby Max! Not Maxwell or Maximillian, but just plain Max. It seemed odd at first, but I like it now.

And I love Zach. Short for Zachary or Zachariah, unusual but familiar, and what a cool initial!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I'm willing to bet they don't have my name in there
Even on the net, they don't have it in any baby name list.....I'd like to keep it that way
I've learned one thing... there is no such thing as a "unique" name. Just because you don't readily see it, doesn't mean that someone out there doesn't share the same name.

I've made up all kinds of unique nicknames for internet use, and while I thought I was being original, eventually I run into someone or some site that has the name registered by someone else. So I can't see it being any different for actual names.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

See, I have boys names down pat but its girls names I have trouble with
not that I'm having kids, but still
it's a girl thing I guess.
Boys names I like:
Nathan
I vote for Nathan too!!!
If i have a son some day i want to name him Nathaniel Skyler

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I like the name Collin, too, with two Ls -- so people won't pronounce it "colon!"
Hehe poor Colin, my boyfriend gets called Colon all the time- it's REALLY annoying!
My aunt called him Colon for the first few months she knew him she always mixed it up
Sadly though it doesn't matter how it's spelled- weirdos still seem to always mess it up! I like Colin spelled with one L because it's a little different
most guys spell it with two. It's a really nice name though! I like it