The Great Escape of MoMo the Manx. Day 53?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hurricanewray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They don’t move much at the end because they get squished from being bigger and moving into the birth canal.

We're still waiting on an appearance.. 😭 I'm wondering if she doesn't like the birthing area we're secluding her in.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I know they like a soothing presence, judging from these pregnant kitty threads. They also like options, if there is room, like more than one box or soft nook. On the other hand, I’ve known kitty moms who gave birth on beds! Hang in there!

Hurricanewray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know they like a soothing presence, judging from these pregnant kitty threads. They also like options, if there is room, like more than one box or soft nook. On the other hand, I’ve known kitty moms who gave birth on beds! Hang in there!

She has a couple different beds and such in there. Her vagina seems to be more bald/pink. She still has some clearish discharge too. I just can't stand waiting. I'm also curious if she's more likely to have a false pregnancy being around my neutered males? I just can't imagine her not getting knocked up being outside for like 4 days - even if it's not peak mating season in December. We're now between day 64 and 67 based on her escape timeline. I'm getting worried.

Hurricanewray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’ll have them. She’s in the range.

I hope so. I'm feeling really unsure about all of this. She's really acting like she's in heat but hasn't in quite some time. She's still eating, unsure on nesting - although she's been more territorial over the birthing room area I set up if I let her out. It's very confusing without veterinary imaging to be 100% on the status. Especially if she's carrying small, or only has a couple since it's her first litter. She's closer to a year old, and very petite -weighing in at 9.3lbs with this supposed pregnancy gain. She has narrow hips that seem anatomically higher than most since she's a Manx. I do know false pregnancy is more rare but this just seems weird. I'm getting worried since it's past the predicted average gestation period. We're between 65 & 68 days. If she goes much longer, I'm going to bite the bullet and take her in to be seen.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s not uncommon for cats to go 68-70 days. My cat delivered at 68 days. Maybe make an appointment for Friday and take her in then for an X-ray to see what’s what if nothing has changed with her by then. Otherwise, you may be stuck over the weekend with no vet or an emergency vet.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She has a couple different beds and such in there. Her vagina seems to be more bald/pink. She still has some clearish discharge too. I just can't stand waiting. I'm also curious if she's more likely to have a false pregnancy being around my neutered males? I just can't imagine her not getting knocked up being outside for like 4 days - even if it's not peak mating season in December. We're now between day 64 and 67 based on her escape timeline. I'm getting worried.
Most probable is she got mated if she was outside.

But if she as you tell, have access to neuters... Yes this happens, neuters connected with false pregnacy. If the neuter was neutered late, and still rembembers how it was done, it may result in false pregnancy... Its even a trick some breeders use to stop heat (being often in heat is heavy on a female). And yet, a false pregancy isnt as hard on the body as a real pregnancy... And using the Pill has too its drawbacks, including incrased risk for cancer.
So, if a breeder by some reason doesnt with a pregnancy, using a neuter to help out is sometimes done.

Hurricanewray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Most probable is she got mated if she was outside.

But if she as you tell, have access to neuters... Yes this happens, neuters connected with false pregnacy. If the neuter was neutered late, and still rembembers how it was done, it may result in false pregnancy... Its even a trick some breeders use to stop heat (being often in heat is heavy on a female). And yet, a false pregancy isnt as hard on the body as a real pregnancy... And using the Pill has too its drawbacks, including incrased risk for cancer.
So, if a breeder by some reason doesnt with a pregnancy, using a neuter to help out is sometimes done.

That's good information. I did see one of our neutered males trying to get on top of her but I don't think there was actual penetration.

She still hasn't given birth. I know it can be longer for maiden queens as well. I guess I'm just here for the long haul. She's still having small amounts of discharge. Mostly clear and occasionally rusty brown line she's trying to fully pass the mucous plug. Not sure how long that phase should last. Her temperature under her front armpit was 99.8°f last night. Not sure that's an accurate reflection of a drop since it's not a rectal temp. Also, I still can't 100% say I've ever felt her kittens move. 😭 Hoping for the best, but we will end up at the vet Monday if we stay in this pattern.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's good information. I did see one of our neutered males trying to get on top of her but I don't think there was actual penetration.

She still hasn't given birth. I know it can be longer for maiden queens as well. I guess I'm just here for the long haul. She's still having small amounts of discharge. Mostly clear and occasionally rusty brown line she's trying to fully pass the mucous plug. Not sure how long that phase should last. Her temperature under her front armpit was 99.8°f last night. Not sure that's an accurate reflection of a drop since it's not a rectal temp. Also, I still can't 100% say I've ever felt her kittens move. 😭 Hoping for the best, but we will end up at the vet Monday if we stay in this pattern.
Good you take the temp in armpit; its less invasive and stressing than in the behind. The temp in the armpit is about 3F / 1C lower than in the behind.
So she hasnt dropped in temp, sooner has a shade higher temp than the ideal temp.

Hurricanewray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You should call your vet first thing tomorrow. She needs to be seen and evaluated. No more waiting. Things sound precarious, and fever is not good.

H Hurricanewray
she’s not febrile and acting fine and dandy. I was under the impression that she was given the armpit temp. I was able to get a more accurate temp today and we’re good. She’s active, eating, drinking, and chirping her little heart out. I will likely take her in Friday or Saturday regardless of how she’s acting.

Hurricanewray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You should call your vet first thing tomorrow. She needs to be seen and evaluated. No more waiting. Things sound precarious, and fever is not good.

H Hurricanewray
We got some great news at the vet! Turns out it was a false pregnancy. The ultrasound showed no babies at all. The vet agreed she was showing symptoms of pregnancy as well. I'm very relieved it wasn't the worst - like deceased kittens. We're hoping to find a Tom cat for one litter. After that, she will get fixed. Thank you every one for the input and support. You all we so helpful. 😻