The gift of Scratch...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone... he's really coming a long now. There have been days where I didn't think that he'd ever trust us, but then when things like that happen it just lifts me up. I'm going to be living on that moment for the next few days.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwh...*big hugs* That's so wonderful that he's finally trusting. There's nothing more amazing than turning such an innocent creature around. I went through the same thing with my Fatty. Congratulations hun, you deserve it!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for sharing your special moment with Scratch.
There's nothing quite as touching as gaining the trust of a shy kitty. Congrats to you and Scratch!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It took a while for Natasha to trust me enough to sit on my lap. It was pretty amazing the first time she did. Now I can barely sit down without a cat on my lap, so far Natasha and Viola have worked out some kind of share time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

It took a while for Natasha to trust me enough to sit on my lap. It was pretty amazing the first time she did. Now I can barely sit down without a cat on my lap, so far Natasha and Viola have worked out some kind of share time.
I look foward to that moment.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It took almost a year. Natasha wasn't abused or feral but in foster care for a year, I had just come to accept that she wasn't going to be a lap cat and then magically she became one. Cats have their own timetable. Sounds like Scratch is getting there.