The getting to know you Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something I could do?  I don't know.  Something I'm trying to do?  Get my husband to actually take care of his diabetes before it kills him (which it is very close to doing).

How many cats do you have?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why don't they ever listen?? 
    I hope you're able to get through to him. My DH thought he was invincible too and then he passed away at 45. 

Three cats. Lilith, Sophie and Henry

What size bed do you have?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Henry is probably napping on the twin bed in the cat room. Sophie is probably by the front door curled up on a pair of my shoes and Lilith is probably in the living room napping on the couch or looking out the window. 

Did you have lunch yet?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I had a salad and some Swedish meatballs.

When was the last time you bought postage stamps?  

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had the money, Hawaii.  Warm, sandy beaches, green, waterfalls, Mt. Haleakalah, maybe even the spectre of the Brocken; it's been seen on Mt. Haleakalah.  Sigh.  Dream on.

Besides operating the red dot for the kitties, what is your favorite sport?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! That's a tough one -- so many books, so little time, you know. I think, today, To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis.  Time travel, mystery, comedy, a cat, lots of kittens (including a very special little one named "Penwiper"), plus which it introduced me to Jerome K. Jerome's masterpiece Three Men in a Boat, to Say Nothing of the Dog, which you can find on Project Gutenberg.

So, does your cat insist on head scratches with meals or she (or he) hasn't really been fed?  (And then does he [or she] say, "Thanks, but I'm not as hungry as I thought; I think I'll save it for later"?)

Last edited:

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The one time my kitties don't like to be petted is while eating. One of them insists on meals WITH head scratches though. (The other stares at me with big sad eyes.) They're on a pretty regular schedule and usually eat their meat immediately and nibble their dry food lunch immediately but leave a little for later.

What's the last (human) game you played?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eight Across Solitaire.  (Many years ago when my late, unlamented father-in-law was dying -- the first time -- my sister-in-law and I met an elderly man in the ICU family waiting room, playing a solitaire game we'd never seen before.  He showed us how to play it, and told us the name, which was in French and which I don't remember, but he said it translated to Eight Across, from the initial layout of the cards.  I remembered the rules and played the game for years, and one of the guys in my computer club has written a version of it for Windows.  You can get a free copy at http://fountainware.com/Funware/Games/Eight-Across/EightAcross.htm, guaranteed virus free.  Works on any version of Windows from XP through 10.  Very challenging game, but fun.)

Okay, so does your cat like to lie down on her (his) back directly in your path so that you have to step over him (her) to get where you're going?  (We call it "Speed Bump Kitty.")

Status
Not open for further replies.