The getting to know you Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
r

I'm with you there!  Moving is an evil plot to drive us insane.

Roses.

Who is your favorite poet?
On a positive note, having a new home and decorating it is a good part of moving.

Edgar Alan Poe is my favorite poet, ever since junior high school.

What do you enjoy doing when spending time with kids?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My only human child is 21 so I don't spend time with "kids". DD and I like to just chill and have a drink or 2.

do you have satellite radio in your car or house?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, no satellite radio.

What kind of crafts do you like to do? (And do your cats try to "help" you with them?)

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a blonde/brown color, natural color is grey.

Do you play board or card games with family/friends, that are not computer games?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Since 1981. My dad bought an Atari ST computer that year. Later he taught me about BBS boards which is the old internet where each bbs board was dialed by your phone then talked to the computer on the other end.

How long have you had a cell phone?

laura h

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since 1997. And it was huge flip phone. I thought I was so cool. My BF at the time bought us matching ones. I told him I couldn't imagine needing one. Now I can't imagine not having one.

How often do you vacuum/clean your house/apartment/flat?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vacuum once a week since I have just one cat and only the bedrooms are carpeted. The other rooms I dust mop & damp mop when needed, a couple times a week.

Do you do your own yard work, such as lawn mowing & raking, or do you have a gardener?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
When I had a garden, back in the good old days, I did all the gardening myself and loved it.  Except for raking up leaves.  We had a smallish garden but a lot of oak and walnut trees.

If you have a car, where do you take it for work?  Do you work on it yourself, take it to a dealer or take it to an independent garage or other? 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Small stuff I try to do myself. Otherwise its a small shop down the road from work. They pick up my truck and do the work then after drop it off and I pay them after work. They don't charge for diagnostics and do a good job and cheap.

Would you ride a lawn mower or pass?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It would depend on the size of my lawn.  I've used a push mower many times on a small lawn but believe me, if it had been any size at all, I would have used a ride-on mower.  

What is one thing you hope to accomplish in 2016?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

It would depend on the size of my lawn.  I've used a push mower many times on a small lawn but believe me, if it had been any size at all, I would have used a ride-on mower.  

What is one thing you hope to accomplish in 2016?
To learn to sew.. I've just bought a machine.

And so my question is, are you a good sewer?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what kind of sewing you mean. I'm reasonably good with needle and thread, and with a good machine I'd probably be a good machine sewer, but my machine is extremely old, and my options are limited.

OTOH, I greatly enjoy making Temari, which is a three dimensional form of embroidery, with strong geometrical components.  (For a whole lot of pretty pictures, do a Google search on "temari" -- without the quotation marks, of course).

So, what other crafts do you enjoy?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I enjoy all sorts of textile arts/crafts in addition to sewing. I dabble with knitting, weaving, embroidery, and whatever else I can make up out of scraps. I also like simple woodworking and making of anything decorative. I just like craftiness in general but am only any good with fabric.

What's your least favorite chore?

Status
Not open for further replies.