The George Foreman Grille

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hate to admit it - but I am the queen of infomercials.

They SHOULD pay me....

My hands are weak too with the MS, and how about those tremors??
The old Rotato sure makes the tater peeling easy for me. My guys love dem 'taters.

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
dicing onions under cold water. Darn near drowned before I got the sucker done.
Do you guys have ANY idea how HARD it is to hold your breath in a Canadian lake in December???:jarswim:
:LOL: :LOL:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made steaks on the GFG last night. My SO who loves steaks, and is a die hard charcoal grille fan, acually said 'that George Foreman makes a good steak!' I pointed out he had a little help from me, because i did dust them with olive oil and season them. If the SO liked the steaks, anyone would. He's so picky about his meat.

Melissa, you gotta go get one! And Ken, I really think Sandie needs one as well

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
I tried your suggestion,really I did,but I'm afraid it didn't work.
That doggone lake was frozen nearly to the bottom;took me 2 days to dig down far enough to find water and then there was only 2 inches.
I sat in the hole for hours hoping enough water would run in to try,but it just froze the rest of the way.
Then I discovered the dratted onion was froze so hard you couldn't cut it anyhow.
It took me most of yesterday to climb out of the hole.
I do hope you're not too disappointed.

I also hope my BUTT thaws out by spring.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colby..My next two investments will be a crockpot (I found a 5 qt one I may get soon) and a GFG. My hubby has been reading this thread and he looked at me the other day and said 'We have GOT to get one of those!' :LOL: Actually, when hes home from work at mealtime (a rarity) hes an excellent cook
so I think he'll probably take over ownership of it once we get one :laughing2

julieb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a GFG for a few years, was excited about it at first, but got really tired of the pain that it was to clean.

Then I found the Health Zone grill by ?Windmere? (maybe). Not only are the grill surfaces removable, they are also dishwasher-safe! Now, it doesn't tilt like the GF grill, but I just stick a big knife under the back feet when I cook something with lots of fat (that's not too often, though). It also has a little removable drawer instead of the drip tray, and it's bigger than the trays so you don't have to change it as much.

I bought mine at Canadian Tire, but I have seen them at Zellers and Costco as well. It was about $60. It works as well as the GF grill, but without all the cleaning hassles. You just wait until it cools, then pop the grills and the drip drawer into the dishwasher. Even if you don't have a dishwasher, it is easier, since you can put the stuff right into the sink.

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so wierd! My husband was telling me last night that his board was talking about these grills (he's on a body building board) and now he wants one. I said that's great because I want one too. He was suprised that we were talking about them on a cat site, but I asked him how much more strange it is that they were talking about them on a body building site. Anyway, I bet I'll get one now! Where can you buy them?

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get them at Wal-Mart, Target, well just about anywhere! I know Sears has a big variety in the different models.

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't.
Simply because I was already spending $80 at Target, and the grill I wanted/needed for the size of our family was $125. But I will someday soon!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be prepared to pay the full ticket price when you do. They absolutely never go on sale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ain't that the truth!

They really never do

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey!

If you don't want to cry while peeling onions (according to Martha Stewart) chew gum. I would like a GFG, but as the hubby is the main cook & he doesn't want one I doubt we'll ever get one