The faces behind the euthanasia statistics

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Sometimes I wish I could shove a knife into the hands of people who want to give up their pets for no good reason and ask them to kill their pets themselves. See if they can do it, see if they can reconcile the fact that their pet will die after being abandoned.
Well said. Here where I live they don't even use a needle and a vet, it's still a gas chamber at the pound.

Wonder where pics like these could be posted that the people who really need to see them would do so and maybe wake up? The pet food aisle at Walmart maybe?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I knew it, I knew I should not opened this thread...
Oh Nat, how can you deal with it?
RIP all these kitties that were taken forcefully to the bridge much before their times
I knew it too, I got as far as your post and I will go no further. It just makes me so sad, I knew I should have not opened this thread. I really hate threads like this.

namo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All those poor little darlings. And to know that those are just a few of them that are euthanized each year simply because people don't give a rat's behind about what happens to their pets. It breaks my heart to think that humans can just throw away a creature that depends on them for literally everything in their lives simply because they're too selfish. One of my fosters I have because my own sister just didn't want 2 of her 3 cats anymore because she's having a baby and they were urinating and defecating on the floor because she wasn't cleaning the litterbox. When I worked at petsmart we had rescue groups come in every weekend to have a mini adopt-a-thon and it was awful to have to see so many cats and dogs without homes. Luckily the ones we affiliated with most have a large number of foster homes who will simply keep the pet until it's adopted.

RIP little angels. Play happily at the bridge and revel in your new life.

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is one of the main reasons I stopped working as a vet tech. It was part of my job, and if I was doing it for health reasons I was better. I cried with each animal that I had to assist to the bridge. There were some that I wanted to send over as they were suffering so bad but the owners didn't want to spend the money. I sat with quite a few as they took their last breath, and I gave each one a kiss. Sometimes they would be covered with fleas and ticks, (people really love their animals..hu...) and still make them suffer. It was the ones that couldn't be bothered that drove me to quit. I always turned down the lights after the IV was in, and spoke softly. It was the best I could do for them at the time, but they all went with my love. even the ones who would rather rip my arms off, it wasn't their fault. they all got a part of my heart.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lostmary

I sat with quite a few as they took their last breath, and I gave each one a kiss. Sometimes they would be covered with fleas and ticks, (people really love their animals..hu...) and still make them suffer. It was the ones that couldn't be bothered that drove me to quit. I always turned down the lights after the IV was in, and spoke softly. It was the best I could do for them at the time, but they all went with my love. even the ones who would rather rip my arms off, it wasn't their fault. they all got a part of my heart.
Its really nice that you would do this for every animal who was euthanized. I hope they took comfort that at least one human cared.