The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't post here but actually had my most active week in some time this last week.  Used my exercise bike 3x and had a 2 mile hike up at Sunrise, Mt. Rainier National Park on Sunday :)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was too tired to post this yesterday, but I did 4.5 hours of bicycling, 80km (~50miles).

I had raincoat with me, but t-shirt and shorts, it did rain almost all the time, there was some thunderstorms too, temperatures plummet to +12C (~50F) during and after thunderstorms, so I was quite wet from legs and feet and it did not felt very warm at times, but most of the time when rain was only small it was not too bad.

Shoes got soaked wet though.

I had to visit at town as all our services are there.

buttonsboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is great, I'm feeling really motivated by reading everyones progress here. I'm off for a jog now, can't get left behind! :D

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FINALLY got on my bike again and not to pick up food, LOL!  I rode 5.4 mi in 33 min. 

Welcome buttonsboo and horserider!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo Hoo!!! Everyone is going great :clap:
I'm in my mil shop this morning but then I'm going home to do the insanity DVD again.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did 12km (7.4miles) of uphill intervals, that took around 30 minutes, felt great! :D

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cut 2 yards today, including weed-eating until the battery went dead.  I'll finish weed-eating tomorrow.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning.

I had to decrease my Fitbit goals for this month as there was no way I could get 15,500 steps in every day, since I'm just starting out again. I lowered my steps to 10,500 and my miles to 4 (the treadmill gives me a good start on mileage; the rest is covered through housework and going up and down the basement steps a few dozen times a day!). Lowered my Very Active Minutes to 60. Well, I've been meeting my lowered goals now pretty much every day, so next week, I'm going to increase them again. Haven't decided what I'm going to try for, but I need to do something.

Dr appt for my foot is next Tuesday morning. At this point, I see no reason for surgery and would like to take a wait-and-see attitude. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what to do with my hand weights, I did add 12kg (~26.5 pounds) of weights to one (that is all weights that I have) and lifted it up using elbow to fingers part of my arm, that I did repeat 10 times which I found out to be most I could do.

What I miss is information on which moves train which parts and how many times and with how many repeats of series I should do those moves.

Also I think I should do some kind of morning + evening routine of it, but I don't know even about that anything.

Has anyone links that I should read before doing something horribly wrong? :D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did lower my hand weights to 11kg (22lbs), then I did:
10 reps of alternate bicep curl, set of 3
10 reps of cross body hammer curl, set of 3
3 reps of alternating deltoid raise, set of 3
Also I did some random forearm exercises, but mostly from my own head as I could not find anything suitable.

Can't say that I would be sweating, but also that was quite a maximum I could perform, maybe I need to lower weights more for some exercises.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning.

JTbo, I used to have info on dumbbell exercises. Will have to search around for it.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what to do with my hand weights, I did add 12kg (~26.5 pounds) of weights to one (that is all weights that I have) and lifted it up using elbow to fingers part of my arm, that I did repeat 10 times which I found out to be most I could do.

What I miss is information on which moves train which parts and how many times and with how many repeats of series I should do those moves.

Also I think I should do some kind of morning + evening routine of it, but I don't know even about that anything.

Has anyone links that I should read before doing something horribly wrong? :D

Do you have a local library? I borrowed some books from our library. Most of them showed how to do the exercises and gave some examples of routines and nutrition ect.. Push ups and chin ups are excellent exercises and you don't need fancy equipment to do them. :D

I didn't do my cardio on Wednesday as I intended to do. I had a sleep instead. ;)

Yesterday I did my back and triceps and today (Friday) I did shoulders and calves. That is another 6 weeks complete for me. Yay! :clap:

Next week is my rest week but I'm allowed to o cardio this time. I'm going to cut back on my calories and Rohan is going to teach me how to do fat burning cardio. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Good work everybody :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly we don't have a library, most of our services has been relocated to city but we still need to pay taxes for them...

I did found this:
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/12-week-beginners-training-routine.html

For example this one seems very hard one, I had to take off most of weights from my dumbbell and still had to really push to get 10 repeats, 15 was something I could not do.
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/seated-dumbbell-press.html

There are many workouts that I can't do because lack of equipment though, so maybe I just pick up part from there and try to find out how to workout rest of targeted areas with some other workouts.

Some moves seem to be very hard while some very easy, must be at least partly that some muscles are better worked out that others which I have not used so much.

What is odd for me is such few number of repeats and how it is only 2 or 3 times a week that guides tell that one should do those moves, I'm not quite sure if such low amount would do anything, I would imagine that one would need to do for some hour of each muscle to really gain endurance and strength?

But I guess they know what they write!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used my exercise bike on Friday, and had a 90 minutes hike at over 5,000 feet on Mt. Rainier early this morning :)  My leg muscles were literally shaking by the time we stopped, but it was the most I've done for a hike in terms of strenuousness in many, many years.  I have a good body, it just needed some care.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are those built-in programs on your bike, @Pat?  Sounds like fun!

I biked 7.84 mi in 45 min.  Not fast, but a decent workout considering I've been off for so long.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are those built-in programs on your bike, @Pat?  Sounds like fun!

I biked 7.84 mi in 45 min.  Not fast, but a decent workout considering I've been off for so long.
No, though I'm sure this bike has all kinds of programs, inclines etc., I just use it very basically.  The hike today was really that - a walking hike on Mt. Rainier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.