The dreaded blue jean shopping expedition

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm... I'm probably not much help either, but Request jeans are awesome (or used to be, they went out of business). I have a mint pair of black stove pipes (30" around at the bottom cuff), they're very wide and loose jeans, and I have a more worn out pair of blues. No one makes jeans like that anymore, JNCO used to (black with white stitching looked pretty slick) but now they look pretty ugly and I don't really like the huge logos.

Now I settle for Bullhead bootcut/wide legs, and Arizona makes wide legs (or used to) that I'll settle for. The Requests come out on special days. I'm gonna be in trouble if people stop making jeans less than 24" wide at the bottoms.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wear whatever my DW buys.

Your not spending all that time getting them BTW. My son will try EVERY pair of shoes on. Two different pairs at the same time. The shoe that feels best will remain and another shoe from a different pair will go on. This will progress till he has determined which shoe feels best and we buy those. Pants are almost the same. EVERY pair will be tested till one fits. Than it's try more on till the next pair fits (till he has as many as he wants)

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Although it has been years since I shopped for jeans (the figure just isn't what it once was) I remember getting an expensive pair of Guess jeans - and they were worth every penny. They fit great, were comfortable, and somehow made me look a size smaller, I swear. I still have them even though I can't wear them because they are "magic" pants. I use them for inspiration when I get serious about dropping weight.

Good luck and I hope you can find the perfect pair. If you do, get two.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a pair of guess jeans that I got at a thrift store and were in perfect condition when I got them, and when I got rid of them they were all ripped up and falling apart because I wore them sooo much. I try not to wear jeans too much, the only pair I own is from stitches and they are not comfortable at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I encountered some success yeaterday. I went to macy's and tried on some Jones New York jeans (that is the brand of my current pair). They have possibilities (I would like them better if they went on sale) OTher wise Macy's Charter Club jeans (@$29.99) weren't too bad either. I went to J.Jill and they also had a pair that fit but were boot cut and I'm looking for straight leg!! But they were really long for the TCS'ers that are taller than me (I'm 5'8'').
However I'm kind of between two sizes and do not want to jump up to the larger size!! So some weight needs to come off!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I had a pair of guess jeans that I got at a thrift store and were in perfect condition when I got them, and when I got rid of them they were all ripped up and falling apart because I wore them sooo much. I try not to wear jeans too much, the only pair I own is from stitches and they are not comfortable at all.
I did the same things except my thrift store jeans were Joe Jeans. I still have them and the bottom cuffs are all shredded looking.

Other than that I own Express and Gap jeans. It's actually about time I went jeans shopping again as I've gained a little weight in the past year and it would be nice not to have to do the "tights jeans dance" to struggle into a pair right after they've been washed...