The Drama is Killing Me!

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vik61

The latest is that they were all three on the bed today, both kittens showing an avid fascination with Pixel's tail as it was twitching. And, ta-da! she was tolerating it. So, I have to think she likes it, likes them, even, at some level. If nothing else they provide her with hours of entertainment...
That sounds like my kittens and my calico. Gizmo is the top cat and thinks she must remind everyone of it at least once a day. The older cats know to stear clear of her when they are walking by but the kittens have not learned yet. They attack her tail when it twitches and she tolerates it for quite awhile which surprises me. Then out of now where a kitten will walk by her and she will swat him a good one, almost to say "remember yesterday when you played with my tail well here is payback"

The other day Bob (kitten) was playing near her and she kept staring at him like "why are you not afraid of me" the look on her face was pure shock that this kitten would dare invade her space. He kept playing and glancing at her until she leaped on him and gave him a nip on the back of the neck. She jumped right off when I yelled at her and then she looked at me like "well he was not kneeling to the queen" I laughed so hard at her. I even laughed more at Bobs expression. He was like "what I do?" It didn't even phase him. He kept right on playing and she walked away in disgust.

I think it will take time but they will get along fine. I think Pixel just needs time to adjust and it sounds like it is going fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's funny, all of it!

It sounds just like my scene here...unbelievable!

Last night was a thunderstorm, very unusual, except we've been having them all week. What a night. Between the poor feral kittens in the "kittery" and my three,.....I'm exhausted...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

Gizmo is the top cat and thinks she must remind everyone of it at least once a day.
this sounds so much like my Cable i just had to laugh!

Originally Posted by AsecretK

I think it will take time but they will get along fine. I think Pixel just needs time to adjust and it sounds like it is going fine.
very soon, you'll happen upon them in a 'cat pile'. when that happens, try to snap a pic & post it for us to see

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will do!!!

catlady810

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I got my kitten Sushi. Cuddles would hiss and growl at us. She HATED Sushi. It's been about a month now and guess what those two are the best of friends. I mean who would have thunk. Those two will play, and prounce on each other. They even have wrestling matches and no one gets hurt. They look for each other now, so they can play together.

So if there is hope for my cat, than there is hope for your Pixel to get along with the newbies in her home. It will take a while, a month or two, but after they they will be playing probably. Or just tolerate each other.