The downside to bonfire night :(

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Horray!!! Bod's HOME!!!

I have to agree, I wouldn't write a letter. This guy obviously had every intention of keeping Bod, and adding writing the letter would probably only make him mad. You don't want him to break into your house to steal Bod again! I also agree with Jeanie, file a police report. That way if it happens again it is already documented that it is an ongoing problem. Perhaps if there is already something on file the police would be more willing to help if there is a next time (which I hope there isn't!)

Happy Dance! Bod is HOME!!!

flimflam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HUZZAH!!!! Well done on the commando raid on retrieving Bod. I'm sure he will settle down soon.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Rhea!!! I just read this, I didn't know anything about it!!! That was awful of that man to keep Bod and not let you have him back!!!

I am SO glad Bod is back home with you now!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!

I wonder if maybe you could talk to this old man (if he will answer his door) and ask him if maybe he would like a kitten for himself, you could get him one from the local animal shelter. I guess I am a softy, and what this old man did was wrong, but maybe he is just very lonely, and the cat gave him some comfort in his last years of life...maybe he would love a companion of his own. It is worth a shot...then you wouldn't have to worry that if Bod ever got out again, that this man might take him again. Just a thought.

I'm so glad you got him back!!!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, You're such a dear person. Rhea told me that the neighbors said he puts out food for the cats and then takes the ones he wants. It's the way he does things. He traps and grabs what he wants. Yours is a lovely thought, but I'm afraid this man is set in his ways, and his ways are not kind. Rhea could get him a kitten, but if he turned it down she'd have too many.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby you are so sweet, and in fact someone else here said a similar thing (forgive me I can't remember who!)
You know, I guess I should be more caring, but when he went out of his way to be UNhelpful, it makes me not want to help him you know?? He wouldn't answer the door and removed collar and tag, that to me says he meant business. I guess I'm a bit of a meanie, but there you go, and persoannly I don't want to go round there again!! haha!! I'm a wimp!!
But its not a bad idea, I could get a kitten/cat.. take it to him, hopefully he'd say no, and then I could keep it!!!And ubby would have to let me!! :laughing:

Thanks for your thoughts Debby

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee, Rhea, I just read this thread. Glad to see you got Bod back! What is it with people and cats? They just think they can scoop up one if they see it? Sometimes I don't understand people.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rhea! What a sneaky way to get a kitten!! HMMMMM Good idea, though!

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heh heh heh, well Jeanie, I have to be inventive with ways to get more cats now that I already have 7... there has to be a good excuse!! :laughing:

And Deb25, I know, I just don't get it, would they do the same if a dog wandered by their door?? Would they just take it in and remove its collar and keep it??? I think not.... grrrr

bagpuss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just read about bod, poor thing, where do these wierdos come from

mmmm!!!! How about putting a collar on him and tightening it up to the last notch....freak.

Another thing what is the point of having your cat chipped if the police just ignore you.:confused3

to Bod
glad your home with mom..xxx

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I finally read this too - was wondering what all the talk about bonfires was for 4 pages :tounge2:

Congrats on getting Boddie back home!!!

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just read this and am so glad that Bod is back home!!! It is so sad when cats get taken away from their owners. I don't know which is sadder...not knowing where they are or knowing where they are and not being able to get to them
Anyways, I'm happy Bod is back home where he belongs!

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone!! Bod is finally starting to accept the fact that he's staying in for good now..... I think... :laughing:

Anne :laughing2 - that would be one interesting Bonfire!!! :laughing2

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Bagpuss

mmmm!!!! How about putting a collar on him and tightening it up to the last notch....freak.

Originally posted by Kittycatty

HANG the cruel people! How awful for the poor cat

Well....like I said, what this old man did was wrong...and if I had been Rhea, I would have been pretty mad too!!!! BUT....let's remember he is an old man....don't think he deserves to be hung or put a collar on....sorry....guess I just have a soft spot for old people since both of my parents were old when they died, and my mother had something close to alzheimers. Sometimes old people don't realize what they are doing....even though it is terribly wrong, he may not have seen it that way....old people get senile.
Now if he was killing the cats....I could maybe agree....but he was taking them in and feeding them. Still wrong, since they belong to someone else who loves them and worries about where they are....but Hang him? Tighten a collar on him? He is obviously very lonely, and probably not in his right mind. It is sad, very sad.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I realize it was a joke..it just hit a nerve...I apologize. It's been a long week and if I come off sounding irritated, that is why...I meant no harm. I just have a soft spot for old people...but what this man did was wrong...very wrong. I hope I didn't offend you, I didn't mean to.