the Daily Thread Tuesday Dec 26

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went to return a few things. A sweatshirt didn't fit and these head wrap things that I would never wear. I told the girl at the service desk that they were gifts and I would like to return them. She told me she I need to bring back the other 2 head wraps because there are 3 in a pack and it only had one. I told her that that's the way I got it and I don't want it. She threw it back to me saying I can't return it. I told her fine keep them I don't want it. She then tells me I can only get a gift card for the sweatshirt, but she had given cash to lady in front of me and she didn't have a reciept. I questioned her on it. She didn't answer me and threw the gift card at me, telling me I have to take it.
$10 just didn't seem worth the hassle so I just left it on the counter. I told her I was going to exchange the sweatshirt for a larger size but her attitude convinced me not to. I then went to get some lunch and they screwed up my order, the bank teller called me an idiot because I didn't have any more deposit slips, my car is shaking for some reason, and I have a migraine.... Yeah I'm having a wonderful day. I should have never gotten out of bed.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a fab christmas day and i've lazed around all day today eating and watching t.v.. I'm off for the next 2 weeks so if i carry on like this i'll have to be rolled to work

Gils daughter who now lives in Glasgow because of college dropped a bombshell with him yesterday by telling him she got engaged. He's not a happy bunny, and at 18 i agree with him that she's too young, but as i said to him she's old enough to make her own decisions. He said " It'll end in tears! ", and he's probably right, but i said it's all part of the learning process.

It's times like that when i'm pleased i just have my fur babies to worry about.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I had a fab christmas day and i've lazed around all day today eating and watching t.v.. I'm off for the next 2 weeks so if i carry on like this i'll have to be rolled to work

Gils daughter who now lives in Glasgow because of college dropped a bombshell with him yesterday by telling him she got engaged. He's not a happy bunny, and at 18 i agree with him that she's too young, but as i said to him she's old enough to make her own decisions. He said " It'll end in tears! ", and he's probably right, but i said it's all part of the learning process.

It's times like that when i'm pleased i just have my fur babies to worry about.
Hey Susan, remember when i got engaged at 18?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to get the house cleaned but it's a real task considering all I want to do is sleep. My head aches and when i cough, I feel like my throat is raw and I'm going to throw up. I can't wait until I feel better. But when is it? I've had this since Thursday, how long can it go on? Hubby's getting worse, I hope he's ok for new years, otherwise my birthday will not be at my friends like every other year, it'll be at home, not that it sounds like such a bad idea at this point in time.

I hope everyone else is feeling better or fine. I will find a way to get rid of this cold.