The Crazies

kitty2cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it is just the weather cooling off at the end of the summer or what, but my cats have become crazy!

They are bouncing off the walls, jumping, running, chasing each other, slamming into things, sliding across the hardwood, spinning in the bathtub, climbing curtains, throwing toys, opening the cupboards sending their contents crashing to the floor, and pouncing everything that moves or is movable. How did my once laid back cats learn to jump up on top of doors in a single bound? More importantly, when did they decide I was prey?

There are flying feline projectiles constantly aimed at my head. I think I will wait to invite anyone over until I can guarantee their safety.

Any other home with a case of the crazies out there?

jestre

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitty2cat

I don't know if it is just the weather cooling off at the end of the summer or what, but my cats have become crazy!
I don't have an answer to the question, but I sure wish you would share some of that cool weather! Still miserable in the SE here.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Early mornings and evenings are crazy time here...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should have heard my one cat stampede this morning. The White Tornado was in fine form.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes, the crazies happen all the time here... In fact Zi is running around right now like a lil bat out of hell.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am often amazed at the "stampede" my one, tiny little girl can muster. She gets the "crazies" almost every day, regardless of the weather. It's usually around 9pm, she just goes nuts, running all over the place. It's a joy to watch, though...

In my mom's basement, where I'm currently living, I sit on the couch to work on my computer. She's started lurking under the couch and swatting at my feet (no claws)...

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry gets the crazies around 9 PM as well - after he's been sleeping most of the day. Although he's acting right now like he wants to play....sliding around on the floor, batting his ball around like it's a soccer ball.
I think the cooler weather has affected him today, because normally he's sleeping now.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew when I saw the title of this thread that I would be posting a reply.

Genever gets the crazies most nights, in the middle of the night.
It's worse now that we moved because of the hardwood floors, and the house is still echo-y since we don't have stuff on the walls yet. She will run laps all over the living room-kitchen-into the bedroom-under the bed-on top of the bed (and us), back to the living room, etc.
Now I love my sleep, and I never thought I would be amused by being woken up in the middle of the night, but when Genever gets into her 'zone' I just crack up. Probably a few times a week she also gets the crazies around dawn. Again, just silly.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, the crazies. I know them well. In fact, I'm on a first name basis with a lot of them

My kitties are always up to no good. Now, don't get me wrong, they're wonderful cats and I couldn't ask for better behaved kitties, but they are certifiable at times. I also have cats who like to get into the "crazy zone" at about 9:00pm. In fact, just a little while ago, as I was checking my e-mail, I had a burst of orange and white fluff skitter over my lap and careen over the other side of the sofa. Of course, following his act, I saw a blur of black and orange. All that happened as a flash of brown and white went bounding down the hall and then scurried under the chair. So, yes, the craziness has arised here in the midwest.

My kitten (whose going on 11 months now) is a maniac all the time. It doesn't help that he has the foofiest tail I've ever seen. And, when he's causing trouble, my tortie's usually not far behind. Finn and Emory are always playing. Delaney is typically playing by herself as the others get irritated by her misbehavior and Cassidy is my most laid-back cat so she's often just swatting at invisible creatures or dust particles or whatever it is that she sees. Of course, they can all be incredibly sweet and relaxed too, but, and don't tell them now, I kind of like when they're in a state of insanity. They have a way of making me laugh when even I'm at my most anxious or depressed. It's just part of their charm.

I just love kitties. They're the best!