The Cheese Thread: Two, Two Threads In One!!! :D

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like melted cheese that's gone all stringy - but it has to be a good strong, flavoursome cheese... like Cathedral City, Dubliner that sort of thing.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cheese, glorious cheese ... I <3 cheese. Mmm, cheese. The standard cheddar cheese blocks and shreds, nice deli cheeses, cheese balls, it's all good to me.

My fave dressing is blue/bleu cheese. Homemade only with a not-too-bitter brand of blue, though I'll go slummin' with bottled if that's the only choice I have. I also love feta, Parmesan, Romano, any kind of "stinky" cheese. Except limburger; gawd, that stuff is NASTY.

My favorite pizza is from a KC-area chain called Minsky's Pizza. Check it: white sauce, rosemary, mozzarella, Swiss, Monterey Jack, Romano, and feta. O ... M ... G ... unbelievably good on pan crust, and very tasty with chicken added.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like sharp cheddar cheese melted on a grilled or toasted cheese sandwich or melted on top of a slice of apple pie.

I've never tried some of the cheeses mentioned here, but I like feta cheese on a Greek salad, and I LOVE the really soft fresh mozzarella cheese they serve in Italian places with fresh tomatoes and basil. We have a nice Gouda that I bought this week for snacking.

Has anyone here ever tried the Amish Egg Cheese? One of my aunts used to make it all the time at Easter when I was a kid. It's yummy
!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its easier to say what cheese I dont like than what I do, lol I dont like

PepperJack
Bleu and Swiss

I do like everything else!

I like cheese cold or melted...

My favourite thing to make with it, is my buttered Chicken with cheese melt on the top. Usually Sharp Cheddar, sometimes Colby.