The Cats will not touch the new dry food we have, help!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

How often does the newsletter come out? I signed up for it a couple of weeks ago and got the confirmation and everything, but haven't received anything yet.

I can't wait to get it!!

I seem to get every form of advertisement in the world that I don't need...and the ones I actually anticipate never come.
It is either monthly or every two weeks ( I want to say monthly

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

the newsletter always has a few $$ s in coupons /// try your local store?
I found a $10.00 coupon!! (kinda)

I tried the feed store that has Wellness like you suggested and low and behold....they had them by the Wellness food! If you buy a 5lb. bag you get a $5 coupon off of your next purchase and if you buy a 11lb. bag you get a $10 coupon off of your next purchase. Exp. of 1/31/2010

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nobody is trying to be "snobbish" - they are just trying to educate. If you do some reading of past threads, you will find that we advocate feeding what your cat will eat. Having your cat eat is more important than what they eat. It doesn't matter if you pay $25 a can for food - if the cat won't eat it then it is not a "good" food. Bottom line - the only good food is the one your cat will eat.

Also from the above reading you will see that Sharky (our food expert) has often said and shown that because a food costs more does not make it a better quality food. There are quality foods out there that will not cost more than the lower quality foods. It is a matter of education and that's what this site is about.

Some folks feels strongly that raw is the only good food - we do not advocate that here but have a forum to allow folks who do to express their opinions and experiences. Nobody should feel guilty that they don't feed raw.

Many cats have lived many years on dry food alone - yes, that is true but isn't it nice to know that we have learned and evolved to know that a wet food diet is healthier? Does that mean we should all run out and buy only wet food and force it down our pets' throats? Absolutely not. It took me a long time to find a wet food that Bijou would not turn his nose up at but I was determined and spent that time. It is expensive and I know not everyone could afford it so we do the best we can with what we can afford.

It is important not to take offense when the "suggestions" get a bit zealous - it's simply that we all want what is best for our pets and folks like Sharky that have studied nutrition for 10+ years are just trying to educate which is good for both us and our current and future animals.