The Cats at our Shelter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you.   : )

Volunteer work is a lot of fun, but also a lot of work and there is certainly stress involved. I think you'd do great. 

It's true, saying bye to some of them is hard, but knowing they have a better life then a shelter can give them is wonderful.

Happy New Year!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brut is a sweet orange tabby male. He's up for adoption and seems very chill.

Donner is an 8-month-old shy little guy that came in with his sister. He is warming up to people, but still needs patience, so he and his sibling stay in the lobby in a cage where they can feel safe and not just hide in a corner and never come out to eat or drink.

I'll try to get a better picture. This girl is in the Cat Room now, but this is her before that. Her name is Karma and she's a sweetie.

Lady Gaga in the cat room, up for adoption. She is missing a leg and is shy, but I'm sure she'll win someone over.  : )

Pearl is still with us, has been for around 4 months now, even though she is sweet, young and pretty. She is chill about it though, she knows she'll find the perfect family soon.

Vixen the patched tabby sister to Donner.

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love this thread, I'm so glad some of them were able to find homes.It's tough work, I have a foster I'm trying to find a home for, her kittens have all been adopted, now it's her turn. Thanks for all you do!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love this thread, I'm so glad some of them were able to find homes.It's tough work, I have a foster I'm trying to find a home for, her kittens have all been adopted, now it's her turn. Thanks for all you do!
Thank you for what YOU do. I hope she finds her home soon.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jiggy, Ivan, Laila, and Rajah have all found homes! Not only that, but Sparkles (real named Patches) was reunited with her family! Turns out she had gone missing and now is happily back in her home.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

That's great news. Good for Pearl, I hope she'll be happy in her new home.

Great news about Sparkles/Patches too. The family must have been so relieved to get their cat back.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rupert, Joseph, Eartha, Donner and Vixen have all found their homes!!  : )

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will say a special prayer for you and the work you do, it is priceless! Bless you all! May ALL the kitties find a forever home and the happiness they deserve. Thank you for your posts, it's so nice to get GOOD news about these sweet babies, I absolutely love all the adoptions, and wish them all well!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Aww, Karma is so cute!
I know! She has such a lovely pattern.

I will say a special prayer for you and the work you do, it is priceless! Bless you all! May ALL the kitties find a forever home and the happiness they deserve. Thank you for your posts, it's so nice to get GOOD news about these sweet babies, I absolutely love all the adoptions, and wish them all well!
Thank you so much. Every time a cat finds a home it is so wonderful. It is another success and is why we do what we do.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brut was adopted today! This means that our only adoptable cat at the shelter (Tweety and Benny are at Petsmart) is DeeDee. We do have a few getting over a cold, as well as a new adult and some in foster. Its really nice to know there are a lot of adoptions, but I know we'll fill up soon enough.  : )

Oh yeah, and Sophia and Weila are pending adoption!!! Together!!! Weila is the grandmother of Sophia.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Brut was adopted today! This means that our only adoptable cat at the shelter (Tweety and Benny are at Petsmart) is DeeDee. We do have a few getting over a cold, as well as a new adult and some in foster. Its really nice to know there are a lot of adoptions, but I know we'll fill up soon enough.  : )

Oh yeah, and Sophia and Weila are pending adoption!!! Together!!! Weila is the grandmother of Sophia.
Wow, that's great news.  Congratulations on the adoptions.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's really good. I guess you'll soon have a new lot of cats and kittens looking for new homes, kitten season is almost upon us.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of all the new ones.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alex is off at Petsmart, so this is the only picture I got of him. He seems like a cut little guy.

Daphne was in a special foster program but was becoming stressed and so not feeling so well, so she came back to the shelter where she seems more at ease and is now up for adoption.

Duke was found as a stray! That's crazy, he is so gorgeous (even with his crossed eyes)! He is at Petsmart now, waiting for a family that I'm sure won't take long to find.

London was returned because of issues using the litterbox, possibly because of stress around other pets and kids, as she is doing well here. Hopefully she can find a quieter house to relax in. She is such a pretty girl.

Oliver Twist is another grey kitty who is also at Petsmart.

Whitney is one of the more rare winter kittens that came in.

Sophia and Weila were taken home!