The Cats at our Shelter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lyla saying hello.

Lyla nursing her babies (they are getting nice and big).

Genny, Bellatrix, and Narcissa getting returned to be spayed and adopted out.

Nocturne getting vaccinated and a check-up.

Clarence talking. I think he was asking for a blanket so he didn't have to sit in his litter box to feel happy. Cats like to sit in boxes, its just one of their things.

Kip.

Sybil before she got taken to the Petstore for her chance at a family.  : )

I believe this is either Skeeter or Echo.

Fiddle.

Woody.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for the update. So nice to hear that lots of the cats have gone to new homes. I'm not surprised that Pugsly has been adopted, he has such a sweet face.

I'm quite smitten with Clarence too. I hope he finds his new people soon.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Muffin, Woody, Skye, and Sybil have all been adopted! We also have three new kittens; Boston, Beatrix and Benjamin. They are up for adoption already (fixed yesterday and ready to go today) and seem to be doing well.

Bella, Narcissa, and Genny are ready to be spayed and go up for adoption as well.  : )

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Muffin, Woody, Skye, and Sybil have all been adopted! We also have three new kittens; Boston, Beatrix and Benjamin. They are up for adoption already (fixed yesterday and ready to go today) and seem to be doing well.

Bella, Narcissa, and Genny are ready to be spayed and go up for adoption as well.  : )
That's great news.  Wouldn't it be something to see these adopters join TSC and we get to see them grow. LOL

Great job.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. : )

That would be so cool if I could follow with their stories. Sometimes we get posts on our shelter's FaceBook page, but not often about cats (usually dogs). I always love to hear what type of person adopted, though. To know they went to someone who will love them and give them a chance to run around and play as well as snuggle.

Update pictures:::

Pearl is still getting over her cold in the back before she can go back out to the Cat Room for adoption. She is making progress, she was pretty bad in this picture but was started on medication and now has less drainage.

Genny and Narcissa waiting to be spayed so they can go up for adoption with their sister (Bella) who is feeling much better after going on meds.

Mittens is up for adoption! Apparently he is a dude, which I didn't know since it didn't say on his sign. Oh well, I guess that works too.  : )

Fiddle is still in the back getting over his sniffles.

Mittens in the Cat Room.

Cougar spending his time in the cat room. He doesn't enjoy it though and went back into his own separate crate later so he could relax some.

Boston or Beatrix, one of three Brown Mackerel Tabby kittens up for adoption at the shelter. They came in and were fixed and went right up the next day. Their names are Boston, Beatrix and Benjamin.

Dee Dee came in with a microchip and attempts are being made to find her owners so she can be returned.

Tesla came back (what a big girl!!!) because her owners, who loved her very much, had allergies. They tried air purifiers and sweeping more and all this stuff and it didn't work. It just isn't healthy to live with constant allergies, so she had to come back. She is getting over an ear infection before being put up for adoption with her "foster brother" Trouble. Her coat is much less thick and the Broken Mackerel pattern is showing through more.

But she still has the white tip to her tail.  : )

Steve is almost over his cold! Yay!

Ebony has the cutest ear tips ever! Hopefully he can finally have his chance to be adopted. It has been months since he came here and he keeps getting colds, the poor little guy.

Cade is one of the three cats that came in after their owner past away. Carreen and Stuart were placed with a friend of their owners, I'm not sure if Cade is being vaccinated or they don't want him or what, but she is still with us. He hisses when he sees people but adores being petted, so he is just fearful, not aggressive.

Ariana is getting over a cold (poor thing) in the back. Sybil has been adopted but Tazmania is still at Petsmart waiting her turn.

Mr. Peabody was put into quarantine after he began to not use one of his back legs. Hopefully he feels better soon and can go back up for adoption.

Oh, and we also have a horse staying temporarily at the shelter!! Her name is Roache and she is staying here while she gets over a cold she has. They didn't want her infecting others at the stable where she was being surrendered so she is basically having a "quarantine" here. She isn't afraid of the dogs at all and is eating and resting well. She doesn't even seem to care that there are any dogs near-by. Shows that she is a good horse, not easily spooked.  : )

I'm sad to announce, I have a feeling that little Clarence passed away. I wasn't told this, but his name wasn't on the list anymore when I came in. He must have had an under-lying disease. If it wasn't that, perhaps his owners came in to claim him! Very rare with cats that aren't declawed, fixed, ear-tipped or microchipped. I'm glad he got to have a good ending if he truly did pass away.

Rags, Minion and Paws remain in a foster program at the local Reformatory Prison program. Echo and Skeeter are at Petsmart with Tazmania. Lyla, Nocturne, Twilight, Oziana, Mr. Cool, Moo, Banjo, Spoons and 2 new kittens are all in foster homes. Nutmeg, Rowan, Trouble and Ginseng are up for adoption in the Lobby.

Peggy and Kip are getting over health issues in the back with the others.

Domino, apparently, was a Foster Failure and adopted by the people who took care of him while he was sick! Moo is practically adopted, though it isn't official, and Mr. Cool is the same, his owners agreeing to keep an eye on him for a return in his health problem (sore paws) should he need vet care again.

I won't be going to the shelter again until they open again on Wednesday, but I'll try to update again then.

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Twilights coloring is so pretty. It sort of looks like a fever coat, has it darkened at all, or is it still the same? Very usual, and adorable

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Twilights coloring is so pretty. It sort of looks like a fever coat, has it darkened at all, or is it still the same? Very usual, and adorable
Thanks.

She is still lighter than Oziana (who is now pure black) but she has darkened a lot. She has this brown, silver hue to her but would be described as black if you saw her.

By the way, after researching it, I'm pretty sure that Nocturne is Hydrocephalic, or has water on her brain. She is doing well, but the shaking, loss of coordination, running into things, slower development, large head size, over-excitement, bug-eyes, and longer hours of sleeping. I hope she continues to do well. I really love this girl.  : )

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll try to post new pictures soon.  : )

The current cats at our shelter:::::

ADOPTABLE::: Cougar, Dee Dee, Nutmeg, Ebony, Kip, Ginseng, Ginny, Tesla, Boston, Beatrix, Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Makenna

MEDICAL HOLD::: Mr. Peabody, Ariana, Ardy and Abram, Leah, Leon, Steve, Cade, Pearl, Lyla, Finn, Rupert, and Prissie

FOSTER HOMES::: Moo, Peggy, Mr. Cool, Oziana, Twilight, 2 kittens with unknown names, Banjo, Spoons, Minion, Paws, and Rags.

RECENTLY ADOPTED::: Mittens, Fiddle is pending adoption, Nocturne (by me!!!), Benjamin, Mittens, Trouble and Shrimpy

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh, you're going to keep Nocturne? 

Fantastic news!

Oh yeah. I fell in love with her and the fact she is special-needs just makes it all the more meant to be. Also, she's the only one my dog doesn't seem to mind having sleep beside him (I'm going to take that as a sign). 

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oziana getting some pettings. She is showing her sweet-side more and more (always the shy one of the family) and has a cute little locket on her chest.  : )

Nocturne and her wide-eyes.   Love this girl!!!

Lexie was sick. I wonder how she is doing now or if she ended up passing. I haven't had the heart to ask.

Poor Leon has a bad eye infection. Thankfully he is getting the best care.

Ginseng getting some cuddle time. She has a beautiful half-blaze on her face.

Ebony is in the cat room. Yea!!

Dee Dee is up for adoption. She too has the split-face pattern.

Sweet, shy little Nutmeg gets to be up for adoption in the cat room because she is large enough.

Kip sharpening his claws.

Mr. Peabody has the sniffles, the poor guy. But he is being treated.

My Mom with Ginny, who is up for adoption!

Makenna while she is still out-of-it after being fixed. She looks a lot like Tesla.

Moo being held while her foster-mother is out-of-town. Moo is a very big cat... we'll leave it at that.

Cade is warming up to people, though still shy at first.

Abram and Ardy get to be together as they heal up from the sniffles and diarrhea.

Kip in the cupboard.

Oziana grooming her sister after Nocturne hit her head and was scared and shaking. What a sweet sister.

Dee Dee saying hello.

Cougar.

Poor Rupert got returned because of poor litter-box habits. I hope he settles back in and is deemed adoptable.

Ardy and Abram again.

Ariana getting over the sniffles. She's got a cute little cap and dark tail.

Mr. Peabody chilling on a towel.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Lovely pictures.

My Little Boy is almost the same size as Moo.

(He's on a diet, lost half a kilo so far.)

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lovely pictures.

My Little Boy is almost the same size as Moo.

(He's on a diet, lost half a kilo so far.)
Wow, Moo is a chunky kitty - my gal Chestnut is 20 pounds but I think she may have lost maybe 2 pounds since June.

@Norachan  - Do you have a  thread with your kitty and his diet, I would love to know what you're doing for him.  thx

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Wow, Moo is a chunky kitty - my gal Chestnut is 20 pounds but I think she may have lost maybe 2 pounds since June.

@Norachan  - Do you have a thread with your kitty and his diet, I would love to know what you're doing for him.  thx
Sure, it's here.

[thread="320305"]Little Boys Diet Thread​[/thread]  

All I've done is reduced the amount of dry food he had and fed him extra wet. He's also going for walks whenever the weather is nice. He's just a smidgen under 8 kilos now.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ginseng was adopted! After months of boarding and time spent waiting for someone to choose her, it is finally her turn! Not only that, but Narcissa was also adopted.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spoons is up for adoption, Banjo will be ready soon (Banjo is the black one)

Cade and his brilliant eyes!

Ariana getting cuddles

Abram

I'm not sure of this little guys name, but he sure is cute!

Agatha

Dixie

Prissie

Cougar

Pearl

Ariana

Ebony

Nutmeg

Cougar again, chilling under his TV

Kip looking cool

Leon got healthy enough to go in the cat room!

Cade

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kitties. Dixie is gorgeous, Its been a long time since I've seen an odd eyed white cat up for adoption. I hope they all find wonderful homes.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beatrix

Boston

Nutmeg

Cade

Pearl and Ariana by the outdoor play pen

Agatha

Mr. Peabody (making progress as far as his health is concerned)

Rupert

Adorable little grey tabby kitten Abbott

Gina, our office girl, chillaxing

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Boston has got a very impressive tail!

They all look great. I want Kip! Do you think he'd enjoy a trip to Japan?

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Boston has got a very impressive tail!

They all look great. I want Kip! Do you think he'd enjoy a trip to Japan?

Hey, that's where Hello Kitty originated from, right?