The Cat Site and My Therapist!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

When my therapist asked me yesterday what I can think of that can make me feel calm and relaxed and peaceful. I thought,
other than my parents and my cat "Angel", THE CAT SITE!

It actually does! I use it to feel tranquil and accepted. I don't have much else in my life but having you people here for me has given me a place to say, "I belong, I'm accepted, I can talk about 'anything I need to" and I'm guarenteed the next day you will be here for me.
Yay!
That's so great to hear!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheryl....I think it's great that TCS is part of your "therapy."
I know that whenever I'm feeling down about something, coming here always cheers me up. Being around people who have similar interests, who won't judge, and who are always here for you, is wonderful medicine! (no matter what any of those "non-cat people" think!)

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Beth, I am touched by your kind words of acknowledgement of my posts. I thought it funny that as soon as I told him, he began to jot something down. It was quite amusing to me! (Like as if he was writing, "OK well Cheryl finds contentment talking to cat people on a website..........,
hmmmmm".

I like your line about telling him to log on here. If I did, can you imagine, he'd be going for therapy himself after dealing with us voo-doo "CAT PEOPLE"!

Adymarie - you got it so right.

If you think about it, it's quite amazing that we're all"virtual strangers" that become familiar to each other, and then become your closest of friends.........without ever meeting!
This is so true. Here's a poem that was send to me by a friend in Australia - we corresponded for 20 years but sadly have lost touch in the last year or so. Apparently it was written by somebody called Edie Thomson and was published in the "English Woman's Weekly". It was written for paper correspondence but can apply in the cyber age too I think:

"It's rather wonderful I think
When friends are made by pen and ink
a piece of paper, blue or white
someone decides that she will write
to one whom she has never seen
who lives where she has never been
a pen becomes a magic wand
two strangers start to correspond
not strangers long, but soon good friends
just look how that last letter ends
how pleasant the exchange of views
and comments on the latest news
Oh! One can talk of this and that
and have the cosiest kind of chat,
two souls who live quite far apart
can gladden each the other's heart
can nourish each the other's mind
with letters sensible and kind
it's truly beautiful, I think
when friends are made by pen and ink

isn't this so true?

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Lacey, I immediately broke down into tears when I saw YOUR feedback. Thank you so much for letting me know I can reach out to you, honestly. You're a very well-known and respected member on this site, and I am truly honored to be your cyber-friend!
Love, Cheryl

Thank you too Juicy. You are truly model material. I hope you make it big. I'd vote for you anytime, anywhere. You'll always be a winner to me and my Mom. Love, Angel xoxo
Of course you're my friend!!! I was NEVER upset with you at all, silly! I knew it was all in fun, honestly. Thank you so much for the kind words you said about me and my Juicy. I want you to know that I meant every word I said about being here whenever you need to talk!!! We're all friends here!!!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

When my therapist asked me yesterday what I can think of that can make me feel calm and relaxed and peaceful. I thought,
other than my parents and my cat "Angel", THE CAT SITE!

It actually does! I use it to feel tranquil and accepted. I don't have much else in my life but having you people here for me has given me a place to say, "I belong, I'm accepted, I can talk about 'anything I need to" and I'm guarenteed the next day you will be here for me.

Even when we differ we still bounce right back to being there for each other. I said it before, we all fit in...and no one is left out! You don't get that just anywhere.

More of less what I'm trying to say is, Thank you to all the members of "THE CAT SITE" that has touched my life with your words and concerns and most of all love. I'd be lost without you!
I couldn't agree more, Cheryl! You know I'm right here for you anytime at all, and I'm just so thankful you're here for me, too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I couldn't agree more, Cheryl! You know I'm right here for you anytime at all, and I'm just so thankful you're here for me, too!
Thanks so much. Us women are so mushy, right? Oh well I don't care. We express what we feel and that's good. Thanks also for that hug, I needed it!