The cat lady

tomcat50

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello:When I think of cats I think of the cat lady.When I was growing up in Elmont Long Island there were two sisters who lived on kirkman ave who took care of cats.She had 50 if not more.She lived behind me in a beautiful custom made gingerhouse.The inside was amazing with a loft and a fireplace so big you can stand in.

We were all afraid of her as all the other kids said she was a witch.You know how little kids are.I used to take cans of tuna and feed some of her cats.I remember going to her front gate,and being afraid to open it,would hurl the cans of tuna over then run.One day,there was a knock on our door and there she was. I was surprised. .She,as sweet as pie,explained to me that the tuna in the dirt would cause more harm than good but she appreciated me caring for them.And to show her appreciation gave me the biggest lollipop i've ever seen.It was one of those big swirly ones,it was bigger than my head.I remember contemplating eating it as I thought in keeping with her witch status it might be poison.Of course it wasn't and I couldn't resist eating it either.She was so sweet and caring.Later I found out she,or her sister or husband worked for disney.

Years later her kids sold their house and it was torn down.I was crushed.I miss that house,her and part of my childhood that represents.

~Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tomcat50

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do,I have 2 stray's that I took in and they had kittens.I'm looking for homes for the kittens btw(one is 5 and two are 8 weeks old).I took them to get their shots and tests(all good) today.Next week,momma cat get's spayed.

Here's momma cat,kittens driving her nuts,but she is a good momma.Not only is she raising her two she is raising her "niece".

The other momma cat unfortunately had cancer and had to be euthanized 2 weeks after giving birth.

Last edited:

dazz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From one cat lady to another welcome :)

And what gorgeous cats!!