The Bramble

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi All!
It has been a long time! Thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. I am still breeding the Peterbald and Bramble (Experimental Breed in TICA) and loving it!!!!!!!!! I am having to scale back some, though, due to my work travel. I don't think it is fair to not give all of them all the attention they need. I don't care about the money, but do need to place some. I am in East Texas - close to Tyler, Texas and trying to find good homes for my retired Bramble foundation cat and 3 kittens - one of the kittens is not mine, but a rescue for a breeder (or should I say hoarder). She is healthy and strong, though, and now has all her shots. Go to my Website to read about the Bramble when you get a chance. It is truly a remarkable breed and growing fast in the U.S. Very unusual and very exotic looking. People think they are wild cats when they see them. If you go to the picture section and to available retired adults and available kittens, you can see what I have for placement - very minimal fee (rescue is completely free to a great home). Of course, for pets, they will need to be spayed and neutered.
I am just on her to say hello, though! Been a long time!
www.magnoliachatcattery.com

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For some reason, right now your web site isn't loading. Maybe too many of us went to see your cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

For some reason, right now your web site isn't loading. Maybe too many of us went to see your cats!
Wow...... It finally loaded for me, but took a couple of tries. Try again in a little while. Reading about them on there is interesting. Must be a lot of traffic. Here are some pictures of the ones available, at least:

Captain (4 years old - Foundation Bramble Cat)

These are the two kittens - the second shot is just a close up of their coats. Both are black with silver hairs - not chocolate like one looks in the picture:

And here is the rescue:

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice to hear from you again. Good luck with your continuing "project". Developing a new breed is a very tough road.

I'm hoping I have my next Ocicat in this current litter - been waiting for the right kitten to be born for me to show. Jack needs a baby brother to wrestle with!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the Ocicats! Thanks for the well wishes. It is a big job and I have learned a lot. For one, I have learned that placing great Brambles in homes that talk about them all over the Internet helps a lot. Also, to keep it small. It doesn't have to happen all at one time. They are still in the Experimental class and that is fine with me. They are so much fun! I still love the Peterbald, as well, and have 3 PD's. I am keeping 3 Brambles, so that is the right size for me. The others just need excellent homes or go into breeding programs. Word has spread quickly and I haven't had a hard time placing or selling. When I sell them, though, I need to ship. I am in East Texas and there are not a lot of people here that appreciate fine pure bred cats.
There are a LOT of them that go crazy when I take one on a leash to Petsmart, though. They think I have cats from the wild and are amazed that there is such a breed as this.