The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For everyone, of course - but especially for @auntie sabian sabian mightyboosh mightyboosh and Boris Diamond Boris Diamond -

Farmer captures amazing photos of Siberian cats | Daily Mail Online

Edit: Phil - "У вас есть паспорт, товарищ?"
That's the real deal there! Doesn't get much more Siberian than that! Great of the farmers to give them a safe haven. Could you imagine?...a million of them! What a sight it would be to behold seeing 20 or 30 of them running in a pack.

I'm amazed at how agile they are for a big cat. The one in the vid was navigating branches no bigger than a mans finger. To cold for me and Manny though. I tried to get him to go out in the snow the other day and he looked at it and then at me like...pffft....I ain't going out there! I said but, but, your a Siberian! Your suppose to like that stuff! :lol:

I'm surprised they said they protect the chickens and rabbits though. I would have thought they would go after them?

Great article! Thanks for posting it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the real deal there! Doesn't get much more Siberian than that! Great of the farmers to give them a safe haven. Could you imagine?...a million of them! What a sight it would be to behold seeing 20 or 30 of them running in a pack.
sabian sabian - Once mightyboosh mightyboosh finds out about them, those farmers will be lucky to find so much as a whisker.

I'm amazed at how agile they are for a big cat. The one in the vid was navigating branches no bigger than a mans finger. To cold for me and Manny though. I tried to get him to go out in the snow the other day and he looked at it and then at me like...pffft....I ain't going out there! I said but, but, your a Siberian! Your suppose to like that stuff! :lol:
I suspect that Manny might be just a little too accustomed to nine three square meals a day.

;)

I knew you'd get a kick out of it; it's always nice to see a well-written article about Siberians - and these big boys could never be mistaken for anything but.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting that article 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - that is a bunch of beautiful kitties! :happycat:

I have read that the friendly Siberians sleep together in large groups to keep warm. The non-friendly Siberians who sleep alone are not as likely to make it through those cold Siberian nights, where it reaches 50 below. That is one explanation for why it is such a friendly breed! The non-friendly loners don't survive to breed as often.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, first, I can't post in this thread without posting my sweet European Maine Coon, 'Leska (Artcityclaws' Alaskan White Lion)

And then there's my Siamese/Maine Coon cross, Hex, who inspired me to get a purebred in the first place. He was rescued from an irresponsible breeder who messed up and was just giving them away to anyone in an area full of dogfighters and poorly raised children who brag about shooting cats. He is an absolute mess, like owning an affectionate bobcat, but he's wonderful and I adore him. He's utterly unique. I adore him for all his quirks and perfect personality.

If the change in spacing between images here bothers you, don't worry, it bothers me too. I tried to fix it and it was a no-go.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Leska and Hex are -without any doubt - very handsome boys, MistyDawn MistyDawn .
Thank you so much! I've loved Maine Coons for a long time and Hex was my first test with them, though he definitely got some Siamese stubbornness, and I knew one day, I wanted a Maine Coon.

I initially signed away breeder rights for Alaska, but we are hoping to have a spare 1000 kicking around somewhere in the budget to get them back, now that we see what potential he has. I don't plan on being a breeder, but showing him and letting people breed their females with him for a fee depending on how the does in the show arena.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine It would be like an old western ghost town except instead of tumbleweed blowing around it would be fur balls!

I'm sure mightyboosh mightyboosh has planned for an event like this and stashed an icebreaker or 2 in his arsenal along with a few dozen snow mobile's!
View attachment 210515

You'll note that mightyboosh mightyboosh hasn't responded here. No doubt he saw this last night, got in the car and headed for the Chunnel. One can almost hear what's going on in his head right now. "A16 to the E40 straight through Bruxelles to Köln. North through Berlin, through Warszawa, through Minsk; ask directions to cats at service station in Moscow! They'll know! They must know where the cats are!"

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll note that mightyboosh mightyboosh hasn't responded here. No doubt he saw this last night, got in the car and headed for the Chunnel. One can almost hear what's going on in his head right now. "A16 to the E40 straight through Bruxelles to Köln. North through Berlin, through Warszawa, through Minsk; ask directions to cats at service station in Moscow! They'll know! They must know where the cats are!"
In this case I can't just go over guns blazing- too risky. This needs careful planning. I can't risk losing a single Siberian so I've got my team onto it.

20140920_140920-mc-conference.jpg 13-1024-SnowPatrol.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise