The best snackie?

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadie is on an all-natural diet. Her favorite treats, if you can believe it, are: fresh, raw green beans; romaine lettuce (but only the dark leaves); and raddichio. But, if she's been a particularly good girl she does get the occassional Greenie.

missy ro-ro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What great topic! I was coming to board to post this very question! I have been giving my cats Pounce and Whiskerlickin's treats, but would really like to find something that they go crazy for and is better for them. I can't wait to find some Wildside Salmon and I've been trying to remember the Kitty Kaviar. I had a sample and they loved it, but then I forgot the name and lost the package. Thanks all!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I never knew that Brewers Yeast could be given to cats as a treat!
For real? If it is good for them, how good? What is the benefit, anyone know?
brewer's yeast tends to akalinize the urine, so it wouldn't be good for cats prone to struvite crystals. i'm giving it to Chip to help with his calcium oxalate crystals, which are exacerbated by a urine that's too acidic. otherwise, it's relatively healthy for them - check out this link: brewer's yeast nutritional benefits

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

brewer's yeast tends to akalinize the urine, so it wouldn't be good for cats prone to struvite crystals. i'm giving it to Chip to help with his calcium oxalate crystals, which are exacerbated by a urine that's too acidic. otherwise, it's relatively healthy for them - check out this link: brewer's yeast nutritional benefits
Thank you Laureen! ...I had a vague memory of that info, but could not find it with my googling yesterday.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from the Wildside Salmon treats (which i plan to look for the next time i go to the pet store, but i don't think that any of them near me carry) What are some good quality gluetin free treats made/manufactured/everything in the US? Does anyone know? I will no longer be purchasing any foods made by menu or any other companies of the like - from now on, gluetin free/ US only with nothing imported in the ingredients. Does anyone know of other alternatives like this i could feed my kitties?

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I've gotten my Wildside Salmon from Pat & Alix, too. (In fact, the first time I ordered I had bought some different cat treats. She sent the Wildside Salmon as a sample. My cats wouldn't eat the treats I bought, but almost tore through the box trying to get at the sample.
)
I received the wild salmon as a sample as well and Gizmo went nuts for it.
I often thought about getting more but just never got around to it. I might have to now.

Shauna

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Aside from the Wildside Salmon treats (which i plan to look for the next time i go to the pet store, but i don't think that any of them near me carry) What are some good quality gluetin free treats made/manufactured/everything in the US? Does anyone know? I will no longer be purchasing any foods made by menu or any other companies of the like - from now on, gluetin free/ US only with nothing imported in the ingredients. Does anyone know of other alternatives like this i could feed my kitties?
Grandma Lucy's - uses human grade, prepares it in their own kitchen and packages it themselves. You'd have to ask them for the source of their chicken, tuna, ocean white fish, mahi mahi though..just know that it is human grade, they are known as the treat you can eat.

Whole Life Pet Treats - just sent me a note, they source all their proteins in the US except for their beef, which comes from Argentina..they have cod, chicken, turkey, beef liver and salmon.

Rosie's Rewards - uses usda range fed beef, and does their own packaging, they are in Montana, a mom and pop business

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i bought a small bag of Evo yesterday for kitty treats. the Evo was $5 for the bag. stimpy is a much happier boy now.
he likes the crunchy kibble type treats. the other 2 like the natural ones and the kibble kind.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Grandma Lucy's - uses human grade, prepares it in their own kitchen and packages it themselves. You'd have to ask them for the source of their chicken, tuna, ocean white fish, mahi mahi though..just know that it is human grade, they are known as the treat you can eat.

Whole Life Pet Treats - just sent me a note, they source all their proteins in the US except for their beef, which comes from Argentina..they have cod, chicken, turkey, beef liver and salmon.

Rosie's Rewards - uses usda range fed beef, and does their own packaging, they are in Montana, a mom and pop business
Wow! Thankyou!!! I really appreciate that!
I will be looking out for those treats

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

Thanks for the info!

Actually, reading that, the only apparent benefit to pets is that it helps them to naturally repel ticks and fleas. Useful if my cats were indoor/outdoor, but not so useful if they are indoor only.

Does anyone have any more info on this that is specific to the HEALTH benefits for cats?