The BEST news

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my husband is stationed in washington state and I'm stationed in SC. We've seen each other for a week in May since Jan 2014.
I'm getting out here in like 7 days and he's coming down to help get ready to move and such.

And he's able to come down a whole TWO days early. :) :) :)

I'm just so happy, I could cry :) :) 

Well that and it's free queso day at Moe's so you know that just kinda makes any day better.

Oh and he will be meeting my cat for the first time then too.
She's gonna be PISSED that she's losing her spot on the bed lol. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am happy for you both!
   And thank you for your service to our country.    

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 I thought they used to try to keep spouses stationed together; but I guess that's not always possible.  

That is really exciting news!!  Good luck with your  move and enjoy your reunion!! 

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad that you and your hubby will have some time together!

Where are you moving? Will you be moving together or will you still be posted apart?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We met at a training command and I was placed on Med Hold in August of last year and he completed his training and went on to the fleet.

Quite a few friends who also married other service members a good 90% of them are stationed very close to their spouse.

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I moving to where he is stationed (WA) and I am getting out due to a bad knee.

But i joined to pay for college and i will be able to do that, so I'm happy.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you in the Army?  I was stationed at Ft Lewis WA many, many years ago.

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
NEVER. :p

I'm in the Navy :)

Just like my dad, both my brothers, my hubby and my father in law.

He's stationed just outside of Seattle.

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeap. as permanent as it can be in the military anyways.

MoochNNoodles It's absolutely beautiful :) Well, I mean I got really lucky when I visited him in May, it was sunny and 70 ALL WEEK in Seattle :) :) :)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ft Lewis is just outside of Tacoma so it's the same general area.  I really liked it there and didn't really notice a lot of rain other than in the Spring.  I was only there 2 years though so the time that I was there may have been drier than normal.

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the only I'm dreading is the summers. most place don't have A/C the only have heat for the winters and my hubby said there's been days where it's been over 90 in his apartment. ick.,

i mean the really upscale expensive and fancy places do I'm sure, but as for average places, nope

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

the only I'm dreading is the summers. most place don't have A/C the only have heat for the winters and my hubby said there's been days where it's been over 90 in his apartment. ick.,

i mean the really upscale expensive and fancy places do I'm sure, but as for average places, nope
We could probably live without central heat but we could never live without our central  air here in FL. My daughter goes to a music store for guitar lessons and when we arrived last week the owner was there but he said he canceled music lessons because the air was broke. Most everyone's air is turned on in April maybe May and not turned off again until middle of Oct or Nov. Having a car here without air is also un heard of. Have fun with your Hubby! Hopefully Sandi and him hit it off. 

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In theory WA could survive without A/C for the same reason FL could survive without heat, but 90degrees inside will suck.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister lives in Seattle, and after a few years she had to get AC for her house, but only because the bedrooms were upstairs. It gets hot for a few weeks in the summer in Washington, really a few fans should take care of it. Lots of businesses don't even have AC since it's just not necessary. If you can't stand it, you could buy one of those Dyson cooling fans and put it in the bedroom at night, and the living area during the day. You do need a decent heater, though, the winters (and springs and falls) are damp and chilly. It does get below freezing most years, too, but that damp chill really gets into the bones (mine anyway).

Still, MUCH better than the heat. (I'm saying that as someone who is originally from Texas.)

Last edited:

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah.

where i currently live (third floor of an aparment building) I have my A/C set to 76 in the summer and 60 in the winter. so my summer eletric bill is around $80/month for 750 sqft. in the winter its closer to $45.

I love cold weather and it's a lot eaiser to get warm than it is to cool off.

but a fan is a lot more energy friendly than a window unit would be.

but his mom is from montana and bought us an electric blanket for the winters so it's not so dry in the apartment. :)

if we were buying a house, we'd be hunting to find one with A/C but we're not ready to buy a house, nor do we intend to settle down and stay in the seattle area any longer than the military keeps us there :)

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree, coming from someone who was born and raised in Chicago but has lived in Florida for 18 years. The summers are hot, humid and unbearably long here. Aug. and Sept seem to be the worse or maybe  we are just over it by now. Although I wouldn't want to go back to Chicago's freezing,snowy, and unbearably long winters either. I have always thought that Seattle would be a happy medium. When I say that to people they always say too much rain in Seattle. Is it true that even when it's  not raining it is usually misty? I guess if that is true it would not be too great for my mold allergy. I have come to really appreciate the few gloomy rainy days we have here so I think I would be ok with the rain in Seattle.  

My sister lives in Seattle, and after a few years she had to get AC for her house, but only because the bedrooms were upstairs. It gets hot for a few weeks in the summer in Washington, really a few fans should take care of it. Lots of businesses don't even have AC since it's just not necessary. If you can't stand it, you could buy one of those Dyson cooling fans and put it in the bedroom at night, and the living area during the day. You do need a decent heater, though, the winters (and springs and falls) are damp and chilly. It does get below freezing most years, too, but that damp chill really gets into the bones (mine anyway).

Still, MUCH better than the heat. (I'm saying that as someone who is originally from Texas.)

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yeah.

where i currently live (third floor of an aparment building) I have my A/C set to 76 in the summer and 60 in the winter. so my summer eletric bill is around $80/month for 750 sqft. in the winter its closer to $45.

I love cold weather and it's a lot eaiser to get warm than it is to cool off.

but a fan is a lot more energy friendly than a window unit would be.

but his mom is from montana and bought us an electric blanket for the winters so it's not so dry in the apartment. :)

if we were buying a house, we'd be hunting to find one with A/C but we're not ready to buy a house, nor do we intend to settle down and stay in the seattle area any longer than the military keeps us there :)
 I have 1150 sqft . My thermostat is programmable so when I leave for work at 6am it goes up to 81 and before coming home it goes down to 77 and usually before going to bed I will sometimes set it at 75. My electric bill has been 135.00 to 145.00. But we had a substantial increase in rates this year. My winter bills are about 70.00-80.00 a month unless we have a cold winter. It seems heat is more expensive here than air. I do remember how dry it use to get when using heat in Chicago. I use to get soars in my nose from the dryness in the house. I had a boyfriend that use to keep his heat on 80 in the winter. I wouldn't sleep over there because he kept it so miserably hot with the forced air heat constantly running. The few times I did I couldn't breath.