The Best Cat Litter

melbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
maybe its just me but i tried 3 times with the arm and hammer clumping litter and it was horrible for me. all 3 of my adult cats hate it and will refuse to poo in it. and when they pee in it, it just clumps the entire litter to the pan and im having to clean it many times a day. i am having to do a complete litter box cleaning and replace the entire litter about everyday. also, it almost breaks my hand having to scrape out the bad litter. pretty much any clumping litter has been a bad experience for me. i have to go with cheap dollar store litter that is non clumping, dust-free, and not clay. or my cats will not like it. plus, with the dollar store litter i just have to do the daily scooping, and i dont have to do a complete change for about 2 weeks. with 3 adult cats, i cant afford to buy litter multiples times a week. and i also have 5 young kittens who arent weened yet that are learning the litter box. they dont like the clumping litter either. they go straight for the non clumping. what are some good brands of non clumping, non clay, and dust free litter?

smulan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I haven't tried the Naturally Fresh. Dr Elsey's is very good but can be dusty. it depends on the batch

You might want to try this one from Cat's Pride. It is hypoallergenic, is 99.9% dust free, is unscented and is lightweight.  I have tried it and I found it to be everything it claims to be. Cat's Pride gives out coupons on their website and coupons.com has them from time to time also. It's more expensive than regular Cat's Pride but worth it IMO. 

http://catspride.com/our-products/f...ium-unscented-hypoallergenic-multi-cat-scoop/
My cat didn't like that all all, it was very hard to get him to use it. But probably it was just my cat, I've heard other cat owners say it's good. But I recommend to just get one of them to try it out with your cat before getting lots.

melbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried different litters and mine prefer fresh step, but my picky cats prefer the cheap dollar store brands of litter. They will not use the litter box at all if I use scented or odor control litter.

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Must find dust free.Am copd/emphysema and am on oxygen. Just adopted senior cat, Francesca from SPCA. She is a serious digger! I share my office with her, and everything is coated in dust. Looking into Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh litters. .any thoughts?