The *best* automatic litter box?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to post an update to this thread now that I am the proud owner of a "Scoop Free" automatic litter box. I am very happy with it. I only have one cat (who does seem to poop a lot) but I cannot smell it at all. And when I do smell it, I know that it is time to change the cartridge because a couple pieces may be left out of the trap.

As far as noise goes, I am also very happy with it. The box is in my basement, but that is also wear my bedroom is. I can hear it when I am falling asleep, but am happy to say that it doesn't wake me up. (I stayed with a friend who had a littermaid in the room where I was staying and it woke me up about 5 times in a night. haha).

The price of the box was definately not bad and the cartridges are a little pricey about $18 each. However, I have found that if the poop-trap is full with in a couple weeks I can just lift it up and scoop out the leavings and put it back. This may defeat the no-scooping quality a little, but let me tell you, it takes about 3 minutes because they are all in the same place which sure beats the longer time it took to "fish through" regular litter and urine clumps. also, it's the smell that is more important to me, or rather the lack of one.

Lastly my cat used it the first day it was out and she deffinately preferred that to her other one (i put them both out to get her accustomed) since it was always clean.

So over all i'd recommend this box to anyone who has one or two cats. the lack of odor, efficient cleaning and little noise makes the higher price of the cartridges worth it!!

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it works so well for you! I do the same thing with the cartridges, and sometimes I take out the crystals and put new ones in the tray.
It really does surprise you that it doesn't smell after a month, doesn't it? I love it...lol.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a LitterMaid Elite a little over a month ago and it is already broken. I hope I can bring it back to PetsMart. I don't want another one.

novi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I had littermaid automatic litterbox before but it didn't work for me since my cat has urinary tract problem so he peed in a big puddle and the scoop couldn't lift it..so it ended up just right where they were.

So now I tried Scoopfree...not to thrill about it either...in fact I'll return it tomorrow since the crystal didn't absorb the odor well enough (not enough for my cat that pee a lot). Also not to thrill about the idea leaving the litter for more than a day at the same place.

Haven't tried to robot one...it's too expensive.