The Ally & Ollie thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is Alley still having eye problems, or is she just emotional?
Yeah she is. I took her to the vet and $87 later they said that her eye is fine and didn't know why it waters.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both beautiful - you are a great poppa! My Dharma's right eye sometimes waters, and I was also told it's nothing to worry about.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I worried (and still do) because that's the same eye she had a bad infection in when I found her (and that spread the next day to the other eye too). On New Years Day of this year, both of her eyes were glued shut with pus. I'm less worried about it being an infection again because there is no pus this time, and am more worried about it perhaps being damage to a duct from the infection as a kitten.

The vet says that it's unlikely, but I worry nonetheless. It waters pretty often.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Bamf almost always has watery eyes. The vet and I think he has Herpes virus chronically but we have not tested it for him. I give him L-Lysine regularly and they water less and bother him less. I think I read that you were giving something to Ally but I couldn't remember what, so I thought I would post that.

I
Ally's big eyes. They are so beautiful. And Ollie has such a chubby little round face. It's so cute! Gosh they are getting big so fast. Do they still snuggle?

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I read that you were giving something to Ally but I couldn't remember what, so I thought I would post that.
She was getting Vetropolycin ointment in that eye and they both get Enisyl-F paste as a nutritional supplement.
Do they still snuggle?
All the time. They snuggle and play constantly.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

She was getting Vetropolycin ointment in that eye and they both get Enisyl-F paste as a nutritional supplement.
Maybe you should ask your vet about supplementing with Lysine? Or is Enisyl a Lysine supplement? I dunno. I started out with powdered stuff the Vet gave me that I mixed with wet food, but after I ran out of that she said I could just buy people supplements from the health food store as long as they didn't have any extra ingredients and just open the capsules and mix the powder in their food that way. It's very easy.

All the time. They snuggle and play constantly.
That is so cute.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe you should ask your vet about supplementing with Lysine? Or is Enisyl a Lysine supplement?
Enisyl-F is indeed a lysine supplement. I've used the powdered stuff with Ollie when he first came home, but he wasn't fond of it. The Enisyl-F paste they gobble up as a treat. Somehow it tastes good to them.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at how adorable they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a good "purrpaw."

She looks pissed because.... you're taking pics!

I'm so glad to hear they still cuddle (and play!)

Laurie