The Adventures of Trout "sleeping" with us

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Max, our Rainbow Bridge kitty slept between us on the bed every night. When we got Speedboat he wanted to sleep between us and Max was determined not to give up his rightful place. They would wait for us to fall asleep then they would aggravate each other all night. Speedboat would jump on and off the bed trying to make Max move. We tried many things to solve the problem. Finally my husband attached a piece of plexiglass to the laundry room door. They were both banished from the bedroom and they learned to sleep together on the dryer with their arms around each other. Everytime we would try to put them back in the bed with us, the problem arose again of who was going to have the place between us. We just learned to sleep alone again, but I always missed Max after that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, last night Ken left the door open and I didn't notice Trout come in at all through the night. I kept reaching over my head to feel her fur there, but she wasn't there for some reason.

Perhaps now that she's allowed in the bedroom, she doesn't want to sleep there
That would suck.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Actually, last night Ken left the door open and I didn't notice Trout come in at all through the night. I kept reaching over my head to feel her fur there, but she wasn't there for some reason.

Perhaps now that she's allowed in the bedroom, she doesn't want to sleep there
That would suck.
Oliver & Tripod have always been allowed in our bed. Sometimes they want to be there, sometimes they don't. Don't get discouraged. Trout will sleep there when she feels like it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night Trout was in our room alright.......she wanted to play fetch and kept jumping up and walking around on us while batting her foam ball against our faces!!!

Her dad booted her out of course after about 10 minutes of this.

What a character!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

How about letting BF sleep on the couch and you sleep with kitty!
We only have a love seat...and he is over 6 feet tall...that would just be cruel

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

poor Trout...
It's not her fault you guys are lame and wanna sleep all night instead of play and have fun!!! LOL!!!
Seriously, I bet she must think that of us....what boring parents she has

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO FUN! NO FUN! You guys are just NO FUN!

I'm still giggling at what she must be thinking!

"these hoomans stink! huh! just cuz they wanna go to nap time the whole house has to go?! huh!"