The adventures of my kitchen remodel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He was in between floors once again, this time inspecting the plumbing. There's only 1 possible entry to this place: he has to jump up on the edge of the bar, leap about 6 feet to a tiny space over the top of light fixtures, then jump thru a hole cut in the ceiling of the basement. Leave it to Eightball to find a way thru a ceiling!!

There's no coaxing him out right now - the house is full of loud scary noises from the construction crew. He will either come out on his own tonight, or make his way back into the furnace. At least we know how to dismantle it now.

Note to self: Need new barricade to hole in ceiling!!

Here's the boy as of 5 minutes ago:

At least the new plumbing looks pretty good!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually took the picture standing on a chair in the bathroom. There's a HUGE gaping hole in that room, but we closed the door to that room so he couldn't get up in that hole.

He's probably laughing at me.......

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've just come across this thread, and can't imagine going through such renovations with so many pets! We put in a new kitchen with 1 dog and 1 cat, and had new windows and doors installed with 3 cats in the house, and that was tough enough!
This time last year, our tenants' dog was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, because their new bathroom, which was supposed to be finished within 6 days, took almost three weeks, and wasn't finished till Christmas Eve.
Yikes! My sympathies!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The noise is gone and Eightball has decided to stay hiding a bit longer. There are so many vents that he can climb thru that it's going to be difficult to isolate him and pull him out. If he doesn't come out on his own, we're going to have to do more destruction tomorrow.

What's another hole in the wall at this point?!?!?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am the cat lady!!!! I walk down to the basement, look around and think about what might attract Eightball out of the ceiling. I turn on a single light, on the other side of the hole that he crawled in so that he could see that light and no other.

10 minutes later, I saw him running down the hallway upstairs. Hubby has barracaded his "hole".

Another adventure behind us!!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That has to suck! Trying to locate, and guide cats from room to room is no easy task! Kudos to you! Good luck with the remodeling and keeping the kitties from 'helping' you remodel!

"Hmm, I will crawl down this hole, just far enough so my meowmy cannot grab me.... Then she will start to bash a even bigger whole in the wall, then a miracle will happen and I will remember how I got in the hole, and get out on my very own... I didn't like that wall anyways...."

Yeah, I can only imagine!!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

That has to suck! Trying to locate, and guide cats from room to room is no easy task!
They say that you can't herd cats. I get to do it with 10-12 cats (depending if the semi-ferals are in the house at the time) every night before bedtime.

They are getting better at the herding thing. We blew it with Eightball the other night. He is 1 of my 2 scaredy-cats and those 2 cats must be herded first before we close up the doors to their enclosed area. The others can be picked up if necessary and hand carried to the area as necessary. Eightball and Oscar cannot be picked up.

He spent a good solid 4 hours in my lap last night, acting like nothing happened. Little bugger!!

A funny: the workers that come over every day are already referring to our gang as we do - "the beasts". If we are here when they arrive in the morning, they always ask "did you get the beasts locked up today?". Beast is of course meant in the most affectionate way!!