The addiction has gone bad...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm not helping either; I went to the store and was asked to replenish the 4 bottles he went through yesterday

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My best friend and I are the same way with Dr. Pepper. we don't even leave the house with out one in hand or picking one up on the way to each other's houses.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

He's had the addiction since Mt. Dew existed. He even know the date that Diet Mt. Dew became available

So by this point the caffiene has become a "part of him" and he can sleep without any issues at night.
Good thing.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am shocked! I can't drink fizzy drinks - they make me feel queasy and bloated - I cannot imagine how B must feel - his heart rate must be high, his blood glucose must be high!

I think it is time for an intervention - he is addicted.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Make sure he gets some good health/life insurance. He's at risk for so many things--rotten teeth, obesity(yes, diet drinks also cause obesity),diabetes, osteoporosis---not to mention the neurotoxic effects of the artificial sweeteners.

I'm frankly shocked that someone could physically consume that much in one day. Seriously, he DOES have issues, and they're not just "cute and quirky."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe me, I don't find it cute and quirky. However its like asking someone who's been smoking that forever to quit.

He is diabetic (hence the "Diet" rather than the regular) already and huh...you should see how the man eats. Seriously he doesn't eat like anyone I've ever known...and he doesn't gain weight.

Besides I think of other things that he COULD be addicted too, and I'd rather it be DMD rather than drugs.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, I knew that people could be addicted to soda, but Holy cow! You are right, though, it could be an addiction to something much worse. It's kind of like choosing the lesser of two evils....
Still, mass quantities like that are not a good thing at all.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

I hate mountain dew!!

I am a pepsi person, and I always have been
but
But I am just so amazed at all those bottles
We put 2 to 3 bottles of pepsi in the fridge daily but thats between me and my dad, now we drink more like 2 each day!

U are right about the addiction though I would rather it be a soda than drugs