The 2023 Christmas Decoration Thread šŸŽ…

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Christmas Decoration thread? šŸŽ„ I love it! What a wonderful idea and I love your decorations! I don't do much decorating but I leave a few Christmas things out all year. And I am going to put out my Christmas Countdown calendar on the first day of December. :hyper:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Lovely! So pretty! If we ever finish our decorating, I'll add some pictures. What a great idea!
I was looking back at the 2020 thread and was shocked how much decor that I had since decluttered since then.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stopped clinging on their own? Or did a child no longer find them amusing?
A child has collected them, ripped quite a few of them apart, and has been carrying them around in various containers.

They'll be going in the garbage at the end of the season. I think someone gave them to me or I bought them back when I was teaching, so I don't have any strong attachment to them

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is my only ā€œdoneā€ indoor thing right now.
image.jpg

My kids are finally old enough that I trust them around my mini ornaments and I found a little tree. Iā€™m missing the first 2 birds in the series but about half the tree is bird ornaments. Maybe someday Iā€™ll find them for a good price.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No TWT this year. We usually put it out in the Shed, but I don't know how much time I'll get to spend out there. I wanted to put it in the kitchen (where the rocking chair is) and received a resounding NO!

The kitchen...
Usually the hutch is loaded with Winterberry dishes, but not this year. We'll put it out again next year. I already miss it.
The blow-mold Santa cookie jar is 50 years old this year.
KitchenOne.jpg

KitchenTwo.jpg

KitchenThree.jpg

Tree in the living room. Note the new living room color. We no longer have our Cranberry wall.
Tree.jpg

LivingRoomOne.jpg

In the bathroom...
Bathroom.jpg

This is Bastet. I found her when we did the bathroom over and realized she'd be purrfect for this spot.
Bastet.jpg

Banshee's stocking
BansheesStocking.jpg

Wreath.jpg

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It feels ridiculous posting these, with all the extraordinary and wonderful decorations everyone has, but I don't do any decorating until the last moment.. my house is a kind of yoga/meditation school and people really don't want to come to be reminded of Christmas. :lol:

But a friend gave me these to put on my little tree when I do set it up, and I thought they were gorgeous.
fairies.jpg